Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Crew needed from Borneo or Indonesia to South Africa

Hello,

I'm Clauwaert Willy and a sailor from Belgium. My girlfriend had to go home for family reasons.
I’m currently located in SE Asia and are prepare for the next passages towards South Africa via Kokos Keeling and Mauritius. I will be doing these passages without my girlfriend and therefore need some extra hands. The passages will take about 3 months from Indonesia to South Africa with a total distance of about 3600 miles.
Departure depend on the good weather window, around June- July, and arrival in South Africa is scheduled before November.

This is just part of the passage, in January- February 2015 I’ll leave Cape-Town for Europe.

Total stay on board would end up at around 3 months. Some experience is required and that should be at least competent crew equivalent since there is no training involved. As soon as we sail out of Borneo or Indonesia, we are on the first passage and we don't turn around.

The ship is an Hallberg Rassy 35’, which has been fully upgraded and modified by myself. Freebird is in very good conditions.
Crewing is based on shared cost for provisioning only. Fuel and ship maintenance costs are mine. You will have to organize and pay for your own transportation to get to Indonesia.

Just drop me an email with a short description of your experience and references if applicable. Only serious applicants will be considered.

I will be flying home from South Africa for 1 and if all goes well, there will be an opening for the next legs as well. That would involve rounding Cape Hope and the passages towards the Canary Islands from South Africa via St Helena, Ascension Island, Cape Verdes and possibly NW Africa.

Regards.
Willy
Sailing yacht Freebird.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
Ensign

Hi Wily
I am available. For details contact me on webmail at co za

Old 03-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Ensign

Oops...error contact for further details my side and yours. llamedos at webmail dot co dot za. Thanks
Phillip
Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Lanzarote
Default Asia To South Africa

Hi Skipper!!
I am currently searching for a crew position towards South Africa, I have done some long passages before . Please let me know if you are still looking for crew and I could send you a bit more info about myself.
Thanks for now.
Best regards.

Canario.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Dresden

hey there,
you gonna pass india/ sri lanka/ andamans at all?
I'm interested just nt quite sure if it fits.

Matze

Tags
africa, crew, crew needed, indonesia, south africa