Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Ensign

I am planning to sail my 1953 Tahiti Ketch to Hobart from Brisbane to attend the Wooden Boat Festival in Hobart in February 2011. I have owned the vessel for 12 years, she is a timber gaff ketch of 30 feet (36 feet LOA) 10foot 6 inch beam and 4 foot 6 inch draft. She is registered as a historic ship with the Australian Maritime Museum and the previous owner/builder sailed her across the Pacific to Alaska, east and west coast of USA, Panama Canal, Galapagos, French Polynesia, Fiji and return to Brisbane in late 60's early 70's. She is in excellent condition. I am planning to embark from Brisbane after a refit in March 2010 and to port hop down the NSW coast anchoring in various ports depending upon weather and schedules and with no set times to fit in with crew schedules. I am seeking up to three crew with some experience and to cover own food, drink and expenses. Crew may decide to take a scheduled leg or complete trip. I plan to spend time in Pittwater and Sydney on the way south and to depart for the East Coast of Tasmania from either Eden or Lakes Entrance. Vessel is fitted with all safety gear and life raft. Reasonable alcohol and smoking OK.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Ensign

If by any chance you need a crew member for the leg from Victoria to Tassie I may be free around the time your in the area...If the travel bug hasn't bitten again...If your short on crew send me an email. Kallum2002@hotmail.com Stay safe out there.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
Ensign

Hi i ma posting on behalf of a friend who is not registered on this site. Please pm me with your email address and i will pass it on.

The gentleman in question is a pilot, a glider pilot, a master mariner 4, an owner of a wooden boat, a restorer of cars, a player of musical instruments and an interesting puppy altogether. I think he has a phd too.

Anyway he is retired and i think would really appreciate the oppo to sail on such a special boat.

Rgds

Dave
Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Ensign

Hi there,

I am a Canadian presently working as a sailing instructor in the Sydney harbour on J-24's and wish to accumulate miles at sea in order to attain the Yachtmaster certification. My plans are to keep on working in Sydney untill the end of febuary and then would like to get on a boat to sail either up to the Whitsundays, New Caledonia, New Zealand or the Asia Pacific Region to accmulate sea miles.

I am an outgoing person with a strong addiction to outdoor water sports such as sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and swimming as well as fishing. I like to cook, am sociable and enjoy having a drink without abusing of course. I am non smoker but do not mind it as long as it is not done in common areas.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you are interested,

Thank you very much,

Thomas

m:0431500278

@: thomas.w.gagnon@gmail.com
Attached Files
File Type: doc Sailing_CV.doc (16.5 KB, 3 views)

Tags
brisbane