Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Pawell

Home Port: Prague
Vessel Name: LAVINIA
Default New Caledonia to Sri Lanka via South East Asia

Hello,
On the voyages via Atlantic, Chilean Channels, Easter Island, French Polynesia - I´m almost through South Pacific with my Nauticat 515. At the moment I stay in New Caledonia, but in few days I shall proceed NW around Papua to Malaysia, Thailand to Sri Lanka and further.
If somebody interested to join me on the yacht - there is a good chance now.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: barcelona

My name is Quim.
I'm skipper from Barcelona, 37 years old.
I have already finished the summer season for the Balearic Island and now Now, I am planning to do a new trip.....¿Were?...I don't know!!
I would like to find some sailboat that is sailing along Asia or Oceania
I can fly to any part of the world from November.
The last three winters I have done a voyage crossing the Atlantic Ocean in different sailing vessel type. Each and every of these experiences have been really positive. Actually I have improved considerately my sailing skills, but above all I have changed my conception of travel abroad and so on my lifestyle, inseparable from the sea nowadays.
I am expecting your answer.
All the best
Quim
quimspanovellas@yahoo.com

Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Tring
Default Novice but Noble

Hi. Im Hali.

I am currently about to embark on a journey which will teach me many new and exciting things.
I am about to set off on a trip around Asia. Preferably by boat.
I have been living and working on boats for 7 years now.
I have to admit I am a bit of a novice when it comes to sailing but I am like a sponge for new tasks and knowledge especially when it comes to boats. I love water, i am most balanced when surrounded by water and whats best than to travel around the world by water?
During my travels i want to eventually work my way through the sailing courses to become a qualified skipper so i can be in a position to offer other novices the chance to learn and experience too.

I am not lazy, I do not smoke and i drink sparingly. I am not annoying (well at least i think im not) and i respect other peoples privacy, space and boundaries.

I enjoy cooking, music, reading, swimming,meditation and yoga. I love meeting new people and at times I can be couragous. I listen to instructions very well.

If you would like to discuss your plans further or (because i'm new to this site and my profile is incomplete) you would like more info about me email me on hali-vita@hotmail.com[/email]

I am free as of now up until April.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Hali
Old 10-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: galway

hey!

I'm looking to crew on a boat from SE Asia or India to Europe between Nov 2012 and Jan 2013. (Eventually SE Asia to India/Sri Lanka and further...)

I have worked all over the world as chef in different kitchen positions, so I can do magic in your small boat kitchen

I've been sailing since 10 years on lakes and in Croatia. That was only seasonly, so 7-10 days sailing trips. I do have sailing license.

I also traveled around the world for one year so I do have a traveler's soul and I can take a lot.

stefan.polanski@gmail.com
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: hinnerup

hey!

Me and my Friend are looking for a boat in south east asia, we are 20 years old and don't have much expience but we have been saling for 2 seasons i denmark! we have been backpacking by land for 4 months now - so we miss the sea and hope to get on a boat!

we are available the next 2 months, at the moment are we in indonesia bali but are prepered to move to the must convenient place for you!

Regards Rasmus and Benjamin

soestroem@gmail.com
Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Bangalore

Hi guys
This is Roshan I'm from India.
I love sailing a lot.
But in my country there are no people who go out sailing.
Sailing around the world has always been my dream.
So if any of you boat owners would provide a chance to crew
It would be an great run.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: Istanbul

Hello guys,

I am Altan 52 years old male from Turkey / Istanbul some sailing experience ,fishing, diving water sports since childhood,well I am looking for long passage sailing if its possible,I can fly over where a room available.Drop me an email akayaoz@hotmail.com

All the best
Old 03-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: Moscow

Hello!

If you are still looking for crew, I'd be glad to join!

I have only 10 days at sea experience, sailing from Phuket to Similan islands and back, but at least after this i know that I want to go on with new skills and adventures! I cook unforgettable cakes and play ukulele.

I am interested in joining the leg from Thailand onwards, so it would be nice to get an email from you detailing your route in the next couple of months.

--Anya
caoraanya_at_yahoo.com
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
Ensign

Home Port: anacortes

Hi,

I saw your post. Are you still in need of crew? Where are you?

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm interested in joining your crew.

Here’s some info about me.

I sailed Hobie Cats as a kid. Sailed whenever I could get on a boat, weekly club races on Long Island Sound and Puget Sound, crewed from Guatamala to Florida, bare-boat chartered in the Caribbean and Tahiti. Had my own boat, a Catalina 30, and "cruised" the San Juans and Gulf Islands five months each of the past few summers, single-handed and on the hook. Winters I was living on her at the marina.

Graduated from UCSB and then went traveling, chasing mountains around the world. Have spent about 15 years abroad, mainly in South Asia, Japan, New Zealand and Central America. Worked on and off for Stanford University during the 1980s. Have lived east coast, west coast and in between. Have done a lot of bicycle and motorcycle touring. Interested in nature, especially birdwatching, mushrooming, fishing/crabbing. Just sold my house, gonna miss my vegetable garden. I love reading.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat

I've decided to get more seriously into boating. I bought my first boat a few years ago and the learning curve has been incredible. I knew wind and sails, sailing lingo and how to handle a boat, but now it's all about safety and systems and the responsibilities of a captain. Best way to learn is hands-on. But now I’m boatless again and am looking for the opportunity to sail with others and learn more about boats. My dream is to sail to Alaska. And then who knows.

I sold my Catalina 30 not too long ago, but now looking to get back and more deeply into sailing. Very interested to learn more about all aspects of boating. Would appreciate the opportunity to help out on your boat, get more experience and knowledge, and have fun. Thanks.

And if you have the time, where in SE Asia are sailing hubs where one would have a good chance of finding crew positions. I figure to just go with my kitbag and prowl the marinas. Thanks.

Jack Whittemore

p.s. I’m healthy, unencumbered and financially secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pawell View Post
Hello,
On the voyages via Atlantic, Chilean Channels, Easter Island, French Polynesia - I´m almost through South Pacific with my Nauticat 515. At the moment I stay in New Caledonia, but in few days I shall proceed NW around Papua to Malaysia, Thailand to Sri Lanka and further.
If somebody interested to join me on the yacht - there is a good chance now.

Tags
asia, south east asia, sri lanka