Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Amsterdam
Default World travelling over land and sea

Hi there, I'm a guy (late 30's) from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Currently I'm making a 7/8 months trip from my home town towards Sydney Australia without using any airplanes. Already 3,5 months underway I've crossed 10 countries mostly using trains like the Trans Siberia express, Vietnamese reunification line, Malaysian international express etc. Due to haze from forest fires in Indonesia I had to reverse back to Thailand some weeks ago where I'm currently staying at the beautiful Koh Islands. My plan is to forward again half of august Malaysia > Singapore > Indonesia > Bali and maybe Timor. From there I'm stuck at the moment as for my planning because there are no ferry's even for the shortest route Dili > Darwin. Got tip from a fellow traveller to try this forum and maybe find a ship that can bring to the other side either as paying guest or as crew. I don't have much sailing experience but eager to learn and spent much time on (motor) yachts on the seas around Europe. Type of ship doesn't matter, can also be a freighter for instance. I can hop on anywhere between Kuala Lumpur and East-Timor, end destination somewhere in Australia where I continue by train, bus or car. Time schedule anywhere between half of august and half of october. Any tips on how such a trip works and how to find a ship for that crossing are welcome. I'm easy going, got a lot of stories to share from my travel experiences and am not necessarily on a tight money nor time budget. I can cook, clean, do maintenance, stand guard or build you a website/ship travel log/position tracker etc Many thanks in advance for your help in my search!
Attached Thumbnails
976446_10151470618103471_1408329933_o.jpg  

Tags
asia, australasia, australia