Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Chicago
Send a message via Skype™ to chael777
Default Puddle Jump- from Pago Pago toward Asia

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I posted here. I am Cale, and in 2016 I am going to return to the Pacific to pick up where I left off on the puddle jump. I had worked on several different boats from Cartagena, Colombia, all the way to Pago Pago, American Samoa, over an 8 months period. Of those, I spent 2.5 months on open water sailing. The rest of the time, I was aboard boats waiting, working and making merry.

I stopped in American Samoa and am now keen to finish the jump to NZ, OZ or Asia. I'm most interested in going directly to Asia, second choice would be to OZ, and finally to NZ. I know the nature of the milk run cruising, and I make sure never to be a force for a skipper's decision on where to go. If you're going my way, fine, if not, I will not be a burden on your conscience.

The skippers with whom I crewed in 2013 across the Pacific are my friends and references for those interested in finding out more about me. Know that I'm a 29 year old man from Chicago, I speak 4 languages, I'm a web design consultant and a hockey player. I've traveled extensively. I am a confident builder, and feel at home doing hard work. I pay my way by trading my work for passage. This does not only include the typical cooking and watchkeeping, but on other boats it has included an agreement of time once we make port, during which I stick around and help on serious repairs.

As for time.

I know that the cyclone season in Oceania goes on til May. I know that El Nino is happening this year. I am open to heading to American Samoa early on, in March, or later, in the summer. I have to go to Pago Pago because that's where I left off, and my journey has been a five year land-and-water journey from Oregon throughout all of South America. So I need to preserve that continuity.

I hope that you will keep me in mind if you're planning the puddle jump and would like an extra hand on the last stretches--to Tonga, Fiji, Caledonia, or others, etc. Apart from my knowledge as a deckhand and helper, I prize above all my interest in good conversation. I hope that gives some insight.

I also hope this was not too much to read. I figure I'll post a new thread when the time approaches. In the meantime, contact me, let's start a conversation. Take care

Old 12-30-2015, 02:09 AM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Thanks for the report back and good luck with your continued travels!

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asia