Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Stockholm
Default Crew wanted Kos, Greece to Koper, Slovenia April 2012

Im sailing my Bavaria 46 to Slovenia from Greece. Great mileage builder and adventure through my favorite islands. Plan to take 10-14 days to do the sail. Looking for stable crew members who enjoy life and sailing. Fun loving but non drinkers on watch. Prefer non smokers, sorry. Great way to practice your english and see some great places in the Med. I plan to visit 3 islands or so in Greece and a few in Croatia on the way. 1100 nautical miles. I cover boat costs but you cover your own food and travel expenses. I will truck the boat from Slovenia to Kiel, Germany and then remast and sail to Stockholm, Sweden. Its posible to join on that leg as well. Lets hear from you if you interested. Scott

Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Sounds like you'll be having a great trip! Good luck. Please let the Cruiser Log community know about your experiences during the trip.

Fair winds,

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Ensign

Saltwaterlakey,
When do you plan to depart from Slovenia?
Thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Ensign

Saltwaterlakey
Correct...departure from Greece? When?
thanx
Old 02-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Ensign

Default Departure date from Kos first week of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamedos View Post
Saltwaterlakey,
When do you plan to depart from Slovenia?
Thanks
If were ship shape good weather and crew is in agreement early in week. If there are problems to fix then a little later in week. I plan to bottom paint and install new flexfold prop April 2nd then go in water day after. When in water lube rig, Install sails, Proper rig tweak and were in business after a short sea trial.

Need to be in Slovenia by April 15th - 16th for truck loading. Boat arrives in Kiel Germany 4 days later. Unfortunately I cant ride with truck follow cars. They have 8 hour shifts at night. No day driving. In Kiel need to unload remast and tweak. Then ready for leg 2 to Stockholm. I plan to spend a few days in Venice then train or pane to Kiel. Hamburg airport is nearest if you plan to do that leg.

Speed plan. We have 1100 sea miles for first leg. Its a fast boat and plan to hold 6 + knots average if bad winds we will motor, if over 20 will consider minimum sail and motor. You get the idea, good speed but comfort and safety is my main goal.

Its supposed to be fun not scarry. Especialy at night.

Most important is an easy going personality, skill level is not that big of a deal.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Ensign

Default Will do.

Hope we have many more good sail in our home waters once the ice thaws. Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbopeep View Post
Sounds like you'll be having a great trip! Good luck. Please let the Cruiser Log community know about your experiences during the trip.

Fair winds,
Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Ensign

Once were in Sweden (late April) we will enjoy having crews for sailing. Its too big to take out alone and also more fun.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: Weymouth
Default Looking to crew

Hi there,

I have just finished a delivery from Gibraltar to Greece and am now looking for more crewing opportunities. Are you still looking for crew and if so can you give me some details of your plans?

Many thanks,

Ben White
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Ensign

I am interested to sail with you to get some miles. I have sailing experiences, 6 weeks in the Med and on the lakes in Switzerland. I need the miles for my offshore licence. I have the motorboat licence. I am 27 years old, strong, and love sailing. I work and study engeneering. Look forward to hear from you. Could sail only from 29.July - 5.August 12.sebastianreitz@gmx.ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterlakey View Post
Im sailing my Bavaria 46 to Slovenia from Greece. Great mileage builder and adventure through my favorite islands. Plan to take 10-14 days to do the sail. Looking for stable crew members who enjoy life and sailing. Fun loving but non drinkers on watch. Prefer non smokers, sorry. Great way to practice your english and see some great places in the Med. I plan to visit 3 islands or so in Greece and a few in Croatia on the way. 1100 nautical miles. I cover boat costs but you cover your own food and travel expenses. I will truck the boat from Slovenia to Kiel, Germany and then remast and sail to Stockholm, Sweden. Its posible to join on that leg as well. Lets hear from you if you interested. Scott

Tags
crew, crew wanted, greece, med., slovenia