Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Admiral

From member NDM (click to contact)

New Zealand to Western Australia; via the Torres Straight

Our vessel has already crossed the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean and is awaiting the close of cyclone season in the Coral Sea to continue on into the Indian. I am looking for one experienced crew who would like to sail from New Zealand to Western Australia via the Torres Straight or at the minimum Tarunga to Brisbane across the ditch.

Some legs I will be joined by my wife (someone has to work) while other legs there will be space for additional crew who enjoy fishing, diving and sailing.

I have broken the trip up into 8 stages see below, obviously departure dates will be difficult to determine in the latter legs but will firm up as we go along.

If you are interested in doing a leg or two as a competent crew please send a PM to member NDM and he will keep you updated.

-------------------------------------

Boat size & type: 42' Sloop

Embark port: Taraunga NZ 

Estimated departure (or join) date: Mid to Late May

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details):Fremantle WA: September ?

Leg 1: Tarunga – Opua NZ plan to enjoy the bay of islands for 1-2 weeks before clearing customs in Opou NZ: 1 crew required

Leg 2:
Opua NZ to Brisbane Australia: 2 crew required for 2 weeks.

Leg 3: Brisbane to Whitsunday: 1 or 2 crew,

Leg 4: Whitsundays, plan to cruse 100 magical miles for a few weeks, will be joined here by my wife. Crew my take this opportunity to do a little site seeing on land. No Crew required

Leg 5: Whitsundays to Darwin: late June: 2 crew required: 2 to 3 weeks. Plan to spend some time on the barrier reef and NE Qld coast

Leg 6 Darwin to Broome: 1 Crew (experienced) required: Plan to cruise the Kimberly Coast.

Leg 7 Broome to Exmouth and Ningaloo reef. Will stop of in one my favorite place in the world for a little while. 1 Crew

Leg 8: Ningaloo to Fremantle via Shark Bay: August: 2 crew required.

Number of other crew aboard (Skipper plus):2 Crew

Crew qualifications required and duties: I am looking for at least one crew who has had offshore experience preferable who has skippered before and who may be available to continue most of the passage. Additional crew should be able to bring some good humor and a team spirit and have sufficient experience to stand night watches.

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: Crew however
I may revise this if a crew stays the complete trip.

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: ($US10 Per person, per day): NO contribution towards ANY other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew.

Tags
australia, new zealand