Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Auckland
Default New Zealand to South America : Available for dpt between Jun and Aug

I'm a easy going and friendly french guy (no one is perfect) currently in New Zealand till the end of august. I have this project of hitch-hiking all around the world, which I mostly did for the last 4 years (I had to take some planes...) and I'm heading now to south america (reason why I need to cross the pacific) and would be happy to join any boat going there. I have a preference for a destination like Chili or Peru but central america is fine too.

My experience of sailing is... well, I'll let you judge : Years ago, I used to go regularly on a lake to sail with some small catamaran. So I know the theory and how to sail with small boats. I just want to gain some experience on the sea, learn enough to maybe, one day, start to sail by myself around the world. Looking forward to meet any sailor interested by my profile and don't hesitate to check my travel blog if you want to know more about me.

Cheers

Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Melbourne
Default Not the good period

Hi,

Apparently the good period for going from NZ to South America is December-January (that's what I have heard).
There is a famous harbour (a technical stop that I don't remember the name) in the North region of NZ from where a lot of boats leave.

Good luck.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Auckland

Thanks for these infos. I'll keep looking and try to get the name of this harbour... with a bit of luck maybe...

Tags
america, new zealand, south america