Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > The Med, Atlantic & Caribbean > Regional Discussions
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Ensign

Hello all,

i am wondering if it is possible to get from spain or any other port in europe, to south america. sailing has always interested me and i had been browsing this site for a while just curious. im in spain at the moment and i am planning a large holiday in south america. i think that it would make it even better if i arrive there by boat.

Dana Nutter

an american in spain

Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Admiral

Hello Dana,

Perfectly possible from Spain from Portugal from the Azores .....>>>>> to the Caribbean to Brazil to French Guiana to Surinam to Venezuela to Columbia. If you have some sailing experience, keep tabs on our forum where crew are being looked for.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
Hello Dana,

Perfectly possible from Spain from Portugal from the Azores .....>>>>> to the Caribbean to Brazil to French Guiana to Surinam to Venezuela to Columbia. If you have some sailing experience, keep tabs on our forum where crew are being looked for.
i dont have any experence. its not normal for people without experence to be pick up is it??
Old 05-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Admiral

Hi,

Until you apply and are being assessed as to what you can offer as crew,, example :- good cook , willing to learn, don't get seasick etc. you will not find out.

Often skippers are looking for crew that will fit into a team - where sailing experience may not be the most important requirement. So if you are serious go to the forum :-

FREE CREWFINDER - SAILING CREW LOOKING FOR POSITIONS

Use this sailing crewfinder board if you are looking for a crew position on a cruising yacht. Leave ALL your details, qualifications, current location, AND contacts, etc., as many cruisers are looking for crew here without posting a message themselves. Tell, where you want to leave from and where you want to go - make sure that you are clear as to how long you want to be away.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
Hi,

Until you apply and are being assessed as to what you can offer as crew,, example :- good cook , willing to learn, don't get seasick etc. you will not find out.

Often skippers are looking for crew that will fit into a team - where sailing experience may not be the most important requirement. So if you are serious go to the forum :-

FREE CREWFINDER - SAILING CREW LOOKING FOR POSITIONS

Use this sailing crewfinder board if you are looking for a crew position on a cruising yacht. Leave ALL your details, qualifications, current location, AND contacts, etc., as many cruisers are looking for crew here without posting a message themselves. Tell, where you want to leave from and where you want to go - make sure that you are clear as to how long you want to be away.
absolutly beautiful! i will do that.. thanks alot!
Old 05-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnutDman View Post
absolutly beautiful! i will do that.. thanks alot!
Hello Dana...We are leaving spain next month to Buenos Aires. It is possible, by the way, it is a wonderful option. We are going first to Morocco, then to Canarias and Cabo Verde. In december we are crossing to Brasil and three months later our plan is to get Buenos Aires to winter there.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Ensign

looking for passage spain to w-africa, s-america, excellent cook!

We are a dad and 4 boys age 7-13 looking for a passage. we are non-smokers and non-drinkers. WE ARE LEARNERS, and love to discover, the handling of the boat, as much as the encounters on the way. we already have travelled the corssed th SAHARA, the sea of sand, and wish to get seaborne again.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
Rear Admiral

There is annual French rally that exits Med, Canaries, Senegal, then Brazil. Apparently shortest Atlantic leg at less than 999 miles.....

In 2007 it departed in November.

JOHN

Tags
america, south america, spain