Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Portland
Default Oregon Coast USA to Anchorage Alaska USA

Hello one and all. I am a 25 year young lady currently living in Portland Oregon. Im looking for a ride to Anchorage Alaska this winter 2013/2014 . I will be visiting friends and would love to take a few extra days and travel by boat.
Im chalked full of little skills; prep cook, cooking for a large or small groups, cleaning of all kinds (I have four brother, not too many things gross me out) Im active and strong and would be very happy to help out anyway possible to make the trip comfortable and pleasant and running on time . I do not have any experience working on a boat of any kind but would be very thankful for an opportunity to gain new skills and improve on the ones I have.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

-Kitty

Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Home Port: Ballard
Vessel Name: VAGABON

You are off season going north. Most of the fishing boats go up later in the spring, summer or early fall. Crab boats will be leaving for Dutch in September.

Tourist don't go north during your time frame, because the weather can be really bad.

Freighter wont take you, to many rules.

Get the time of the year right and I think you would have better luck around Ballard. A lot of boats go out of their to AK, but few to none would go to Anchorage.

DW

Old 09-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
jhg
Ensign

Home Port: Ventura

Hi,
Are you interested in cruising the other direction? I am in No. Ca. about to head south. greenpath2011@gmail.com if you have an interest.

Thx,
John

Tags
anchor, usa