Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-25-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Pago Pago
Cool Crew available from Samoa to Fiji (and beyond...)

 I’m looking for passage as an unpaid crew member in the western South Pacific (i.e., I will pay my own expenses). I need to be in Fiji by May 2014 as I am meeting up with some family members there, but I am open to traveling anywhere in the South Pacific (for example, Tonga) on my way to Fiji as long as I get there by the first week of May 2014. (BTW, if I arrive in Fiji earlier than May that is also fine.)

 I should also mention that I am a US citizen currently living in American Samoa and can easily meet up with any prospective vessel(s) in either American Samoa (Pago Pago) or neighboring Samoa (Apia), and am available starting March 2014.

 My basic qualifications include: 1) I am experienced on oceangoing craft of all types and sizes with some sailing experience, 2) I am trained and certified in First Aid, CPR, and Lifeguarding, 3) I am experienced in fishing, snorkeling, free diving, and surfing, 4) I have good basic mechanical skills, 5) I am a friendly, outgoing, and dependable person with an even, easygoing temperament and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

 I realize that it is a bit early in the sailing season for boats to be venturing out on open South Pacific ocean waters (as it is still cyclone season), but I just wanted to set my lines out now in hopes I might get a bite.

 If you are interested in contacting me, my email is amsamsurf at yahoo dot com.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Sorry can't help with that but I am looking for crew from Samoa to Fiji starting in August. If your plans fall flat, get delayed, or you're up for a second trip about that time then let me know.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
Ensign

Been a slight change in plans. I am still Fiji bound but do not have to be there by early May. Anytime in the next few months will work (April through June or?). So to delatbabel, I may be available in August. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:22 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

OK cool. I should be coming past Pago Pago in early July or so, with the intention of heading from there to Apia and spending a bit of time in Samoa before heading to Fiji. Stay in touch. Chiara Stella is my sailing blog.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Olympia

Did you ever get away from AS? I will be heading to New Zealand via Tonga, Fiji, .i am in American Saoma now
Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
Ensign

Default Sorry for the delay

in my reply, but I am now in Hawaii and will be here fore the foreseeable future.

But thanks for asking anyways.

Tags
crew, crew available, fiji