Send a message via Skype™ to Capt. Paul West
Default another test

Just checkin... again.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Paul West View Post
Just checkin... again.
Gooday Paul. - You're 1980 vintage or 'Panacea' is ??? Learn 'Auzzee's sence of humour - after all he's an Ozie - I'm an ex-pat Canuck - OZie - having been out here for 50 years now. OZie's have a truely wicked sence of humour & usually 'take the micky' out of everyone - at every chance they get - me included.
\
Is 'Panacea' a full-time charter yacht ??? - for how many people ??? - delux or 3 star accomidation ??? Do you ever get outside of your 'charter-area' to go sailing or are you working 24/7/52 & just keep you nose to the sea-wheel ??? No I'm not a 'cop' just interested - as will everyone in here be - as to what you're all about. So - spill the beans dude.

I'm a retired boat builder, sailor, racer, cruiser etc etc - own a farm & selling to get back into sailing before I fall off my perch - hopefully in a 42' tri up in SE Asia & do some serious enjoyable cruising - as I'm not so young anymore I need to get about that rather quickly.

Keep smilin, sailin, droppin, & enjoy our company, eh - ciao, james

Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Fort Myers Beach
Vessel Name: Panacea
Send a message via Skype™ to Capt. Paul West

James...

No worries mate. Being the new kid on the block I know I'm being sniffed and peed on. I've been on boards before and can hold my own and enjoy the banter as well as the information that everyone spreads.

I laughed really hard at Auzzee's opening comment and knew he was going to be the comic relief and a man I was going to lean on for a lot of information while up here.

As for the biz... I'm always open. People call and we go sailing. for the charters, I do coastal work up and down the Gulf Coast of Florida. Usually between St. Pete and the Keys. The day sails pay the slip fees and keep fuel in the tank

My wife and I take chunks and sail away. That's the good thing about this business, we just block off the calendar and take off. Setting up for our first trip to the Bahamas this winter or spring for a month or two.

Panacea is 32 now and is in need of some attention so I'm dropping the kitty into "stuff" to keep her floating and comfy. She's a great boat to take folks out on 2 cabins and 6'7" headroom, 2 heads and built to withstand more than me. The daily charters give her a beating with the wear and tear, but she puts up with it well.

She's not a 5 star, but she is dry and comfy, well as dry as some of those old ports keep her. (They're on the list, but there's 20 of those suckers. Replace a couple a month and I'll be done with that this year.) But everyone that sails on her love her. As it should be and I get to introduce a lot of people to sailing in a real boat.

So I'll be seeing you out here and we'll shoot the poop. It's good to be hangin' with sailors that are out there and can give me the ups, downs and such. We all love what we do, and that's the key.

Thanks for the shout.

Still trying to get my picture to work... I'll work on it.

« Yachtpelican | Test »