Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
Ensign

Hello all.

I would first like to say thank you so much to all the people that has made the Cruiser log possible.

I received a email today from the board talking about the Sailing Wiki, well to be honest i did not even know what a wiki was at first.

After looking at the Wiki page I found that someone has outdone them self, to me it looks like to be one of the best formated was to provide the information to help others.

I am not sure how long the page has been up and would like to know about how long do you think it will take to have the information all posted?

Well keep up the good work,

John

Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Hi John

Building the WIKI will always be a "work in progress" - as members keep adding to it. It is the members of this forum that are building what will become a "World Cruising Guide" - information for all to freely share.

Unlike a printed publication that becomes outdated the day after publication, this WIKI can be updated by members continuously as new information comes to hand.

Much of the "guts" of the Wiki is setup now for members to edit and add information so, "how long will it take?" As long as members can find the time to add their valuable contributions.

GRAB A PAGE AND BUILD IT!

See the "Help" pages on the Wiki for assistance to make contributions.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Ensign

Thank you Lighthouse,

Yes i understand that, i started this post in hopes that others would see it and maybe start adding.

Like i said i did not even know about it until i got the email.

John
Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
Retired Mod

There is now a lot of information already posted on our WIKI and many sections of the cruising areas around the world are ready for contributions.

The Cruising Wiki is growing fast now but is highly dependant on the contributions from all cruisers around the world who are willing to share their knowledge in the true "cruiser's spirit", for the free benefit of all who follow in their wake.

A great, free World Cruising Guide is developing - sail in and lend a hand in it's development. Add what you can - even correcting spelling mistakes or grammar is a great help.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Retired Mod

When last did you visit our World Cruising Wiki?

It is growing very fast - new contributions are added daily.

The call is out for EVERYONE to add what they can and make the free Wiki a useful resource for all cruisers around the world - a World Cruising Guide.