Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-09-2021, 04:19 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: phuket
Vessel Name: Lumakaia
Smile phuket to philippines best route

hi thanks in advance I'm slightly new to cruising full time. just bought a catamaran and would like to know best passage to philippines from phuket. im single handed as for now and dont want to be hassled with ckeck ins because of the quarantine rules of every country. just to get to phuket i needed to go through all kinds of hassle and expense just to get into thailand. one more day and i will be released from quarantine in bangkok and i will proceed to phuket to ready my boat for the passage. question is whats the best way from phuket to philippines during covid and what to avoid? thanks again ,capt lacy

Old 03-09-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

I think that you will have difficulty every time you encounter officialdom. The good thing about the majority of the trip is that you can almost make a beeline from the Singapore straits to the Philippines. It could be wise to remain well offshore between Phuket and The Singapore Straits, although It is my understanding that Langkawi may be prepared to let you transit through the port without too much trouble. Friends of mine are currently in Malaysia and say the local officials are very helpful toward cruising yachties. But, check it out as that is heresay.

Of course the straits of Singapore are amongst the busiest seaways in the world and traffic entering or leaving is required to have both transmitting and receiving AIS. Once south of Malacca, I would very carefully plot my route through the Singapore Strait to ensure that I remain well and truly in international waters.

Dependent upon the reception from Langkawai authorities you could sail directly to Kota Kinabalu. During a similar trip I hopped along the coast of Borneo. But, the island is under control of Indonesia, Brunei and Malaysia and if I was considering landfall, it would be in Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia). From there, you just need to pick an entry point in the Philippines and hope entry is not to difficult. In pre Covid days, it wasn't too tedious, but that depends upon where you make entry.

The trip along the northern Borneo coastline is reasonably protected. I did it single handed in a 55' sloop. Night time passages, when closer to shore, were occasionally made difficult by unlit fishing nets, but that's par for the course in SE Asia.

It's a good trip and in my memory, the Malacca Straits, Singapore Straits and sailing into the Philippine archipelago required a heightened level of awareness. Being not permitted to drop anchor frequently due to Covid restrictions is a complication, but if it can't be avoided, the trip is certainly do-able during outside of the monsoon season.

A lot of sailors are currently holed up in various parts of the world due to quarantine restrictions. It's a complete pain, but it's better than being dead. Best wishes and please let us know how you get on.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:48 PM   #3
Ensign

Hey thanks auzzee for the reply. Yeah really screwed up times now with this covaids hoax. Im from hawaii got into philippines because im married to filipina. Only way in till now. Hung out with tha fam for a month and then hung out it manila almost two months for certificate of entry to thailand. Im now in thailand and after 14 day manditory quarantine and two more swabs i get released tomorrow 11th from here i head down to phuket it pick up my 2016 model seawind 1000 XL2 killer aussie catamaran . And after a few minor tweeks and ad ons i wanna get back to philippines. I cant get any real solid info on passages and what to expect during this covaids plandemic scam. Anyway i want to do it single hand and would like to have day sailed but i was told different things like i had to check in langkawi. And then id be required to do another 14 day quarantine. I cant just stop in each country only to quarantine again. I would rather stay offshore to avoid any hassles from governments. I dont wanna spend time in quatantine more than actually sail time. I dont have a sail plan till i get some solid info. Im gonna try to get my Filipino mate here so it wont be as difficult for the journey. I dont have much experience on crossings and only did one in 1995 Hong Kong to subic. Boat has ais but no radar. Pretty new to all this but im gonna go for it one way or another. How far is international waters off shore? And passing through singapore straight will i be stopped and boarded or arrested? I want to avoid any and all hassles if possible. Really could use some more advise on this and who to contact. Thanks again mate for the quick reply. Capt lacy
Old 03-13-2021, 06:06 AM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Califonia

Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max

If you are interested, I will guide you to order.

Please kindly me for more info.

E.M.A.I.L:- bradshawk073@gmail.com

WHATSAAPP ... +16125679715

We ASSURE and GUARANTEE 100% HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS & EFFICIENT SERVICES.

Regards.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:07 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Califonia
Default PS5-Console-Disc-Version---Extra-Controller

If you are interested, I will guide you to order.

Please kindly me for more info.

E.M.A.I.L:- bradshawk073@gmail.com

WHATSAAPP ... +16125679715

We ASSURE and GUARANTEE 100% HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS & EFFICIENT SERVICES.

Regards.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:30 AM   #6
Ensign

What are you selling me a iphone? Or a playstation?