Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
Rear Admiral

Default So many questions, Aquamon...

I'm certainly no expert, Aquaman, but...

You seem to be thinking about this too much.

I suggest you quit your job, move aboard your dream boat and cast your lines.

With any luck, you will find the answers to all your questions by the time you drop your anchor at the far side of the horizon.

Happy Hunting,

Kirk

Old 02-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

I warned you in my introduction!

Seriously, thanks for the honest and excellant responses. It provides insight.

Though we lack knowledge and experiance, we are most serious about pursuing our dream.

I only stopped posting questions, to go thin my junk. It needed it anyway.... Some of it isn't even good junk~!

I read on some cruising web-site this advice:

"Once you decide to go cruising, start getting rid of stuff".

We took that to heart. I "had" a real estate management and maintenance business, and a mobile food service business. I no longer operate either one. I still have all the business equipment and records no longer needed. Lots of junk, but some will pay for part of a nice boat.

I don't have to quit my job. They fired me just before Christmas. Those bastards beat me to it! I was thinking about resigning. I was thinking this is NOT what you said in the first or second interview. Totally unbelieveable (in my mind) stuff happpened. I was an industrial equipment sales person. I repeatedly ask for the existing customer list, even if just for my area (27 of 64 couties). After about 3 months on the job, after again confrontinf the Vice President he finally agreed to disclose an electronic copy. Go see the Assistant Operations Manager. They had a sliding smoked mirrow between their offices. I walk out of the big office, down the hall, into see the Assistant. I ask for it. He slides the window open to ask the V.P. V.P. doesn't see me around the corner, but I can hear him. He says, NO! Don't give THAT to HIM! I was totally speachless.

That was one of many unbelievable and similar incidents. I guess we were most incompatible. I have no regrets. I know my skills and work ethics. I did no wrong.

Thanks,

Jeff

Harbor_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
imported_admin

Jeff,

KEEP asking the questions - they make us think a little and gives us something to do. Also, you never know just how many people are browsing here and devouring all the information.

Great stuff!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
Rear Admiral

Congratulations, Jeff!

<font size="3">You are Job Free!!!</font id="size3">

And well on your way to realizing your dream.

I believe the next step is to liquidate and move the shore... preferably in a warn climate. There you will find the boat of your dreams and the start of a whole new way of life.

You're on the right track.

Carry on,

Kirk