Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Ensign

Click image for larger version

Name:	Almost_pretty.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	936

G'day,

I have just purchased my own sailing yacht and now need people to help me crew it around the world. Starting in Brisbane, Australia this July and ending somewhere else, sometime later.........

If this interests you please contact me (Jegs Nuttall) directly at sailingstorm@gmail.com

Boat size & type
: ..

Roberts 'Mauritius' pilot house cutter. 13.5m (44ft.) Steel hull and deck. Full safety gear. Dive compressor and tanks etc.

Embark port: ..

Brisbane or Bundaberg

Estimated departure (or join) date: ..

early/mid July 2009 or as agreed.

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): ..

to Cairns for the start of the Louisiades rally, then to PNG. then back to Cairns, mid/late Oct

Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): ..

3, perhaps 4.

Crew qualifications required and duties: ..

this varies depending upon who has already joined the voyage. Any understanding of what you are letting yourself in for would be good.

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: ..

Each crew member individually, as per his or her own circumstance

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: (Per person, per day) = $10 -$12 US.

Food and drinks per person pro rata, but subject to moderation in the event that this proves unfair.

Note: No contribution towards any other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew.

More info
: ..

Ask any questions you like to my email address above, be honest.

Have a wonderful life.

Jegs

Old 05-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Ensign

Hi Jegs,

how are you going finding a crew. May be interested in joining ....

Let me know.

Morgan.j.collins@HOTMAIL.COM

Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Jegs, nice boat. Very similar looking to mine above and below the water line. Aft cabin? What self steering gear do you have?
Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by delatbabel View Post
Jegs, nice boat. Very similar looking to mine above and below the water line. Aft cabin? What self steering gear do you have?
Thank you, Hydraulic steering, two wheel positions, and an autopilot all operating the same ram. Emergency steering straight from the top of the rudder stock. So 'self steering' is done by the person on watch or autopilot. No wind vane.

Aft cabin with double berth.

UPDATED INFORMATION

I'm looking for people who would like to join me and my yacht on a voyage up the East coast of Australia and on into the Louisiades (PNG) then back to Cairns in Australia by the 30th Oct. then down the coast to reach Sydney for Christmas and the New Year Celebrations.

The first leg is to Cairns. (Mid July to end of August) Starting from Brisbane a lazy cruise up the coast through the Keppel islands, the Whitsundays, and other island groups inside the Great Barrier Reef stopping at Lady Musgrave Island lagoon and many other gems of the East Coast of Australia.

The second Leg (3rd Sept to 30th Oct) is to the Louisiades islands in PNG and return to Cairns.

The third leg (early Nov to end Dec) brings us down the coast from Cairns to Sydney. Passing inside the Great Barrier Reef stopping at islands and reefs as we choose, then down the beautiful NSW coast to Sydney harbour.

Join for any or all Legs, or even just part of a leg by agreement.

This is a "recreational' voyage. How much it costs is open for discussion but the concensus seems to be you'll need perhaps $20AUD per day.

You are not required to pay for marinas, if we use them. The PNG trip has an organisers entry fee per crew member.

The yacht is a Roberts 'Mauritius' 43ft pilot house cutter rigged sloop. So quite roomy but not huge. There are three cabins, two of which are quite cosy. Four people is probably the ideal number of crew while still allowing some privacy. Communal space is ample with the decks, pilot house, galley, saloon, bathroom all shared.

The boat has all the necessary safety equipment. Life jackets, Liferaft, EPIRB, fire extinguishers etc etc.

The purpose of the cruise is just to enjoy the experience of cruising. For me that means sailing, swimming, scuba diving, messing around with the boat, walking, hiking, reading, talking, listening, cooking, eating, sharing the experiences.

A scuba diving qualification will be useful to get the best from the voyage, the yacht is equipped with a dive compressor and tanks and weights.

If this sounds interesting please contact me. I will endeavour to respond to any enquiries promptly.

Edited and removed unnecessary duplicate quote.. (gslabbert5119)
Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
Admiral

Sailing Storm,

Quote "The PNG trip has an organisers entry fee per crew member."

Question :- how much is this fee and who pays it ?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
Sailing Storm,

Quote "The PNG trip has an organisers entry fee per crew member."

Question :- how much is this fee and who pays it ?
The entry fees are listed along with other info including what happens to your entry fee on the organisers web site www.louisiadesrally.com The basic boat entry fee is paid by the owner (me), each crew member is charged at $150AUD. Each crew member pays their own fee. If potential crew don't feel that they wish to pay, after reading the organisers explanation of what the money is used for, they should not really be considering joining this rally. I don't feel the contribution is unreasonable for the potential benefits suggested by the organisers and having visited PNG in 2008 I am confident that the fee represents possibly the best value most people will get out of $150AUD even should they live forever. I trust and hope this is sufficient explanation but I am very willing to discuss this further if required.

Jegs.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:01 AM   #7
Ensign

Dear Jegs,

I am very interested in the posted position.

I am 22, male, throughly fit and exuberant and love the outdoors, ocean and adventure.

From Feburary to March I was one of 3 sailing a 32ft from Galle to Phuket, so know what I'm letting myself in for and how rewarding it can be. I have no problem with long voyages, poor weather, chores etc.

I graduated last summer and after working for 6 months in India have been travelling (SE Asia) ever since. As a result, I am flexible with regards to time and destination, although would prefer to embark after september if leaving from Australia.

Let me know if interested and to discuss more,

Best wishes,

Lewis

Thelewthing_chester@hotmail.com
Old 08-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Ensign

hi im john i live in cairns and are looking to travel overseas on a yacht. i have alot of sailing/racing exp. im 39 and are very easy going. let me know if your interested.

thanks john
Old 08-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
Ensign

hi there! I looking to do some long distance cruising if possible sometime next year, i have over 10,000 sea miles including a pacific crossing. Im only 20 but have a very mature attitude and am passionate about sailing! so if you still need crew send me an email! Look forward to hearing from you.

Thea Clifford
Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Ensign

Hi Jegs,

I am a 37 year-old female from Montreal, Québec (Canada). I am presently on a half-sabbatical from my job as Project Manager organizing international conferences; I am looking to do some sailing between now and end of December. I have trained and worked as a sail guide/skipper in Australia (Whitsunday Islands) for 11 months where we took tourists out on charters around the coral islands, and have done the same for a month and a half in the St-Lawrence estuary in Quebec, which is a very difficult zone to navigate. I have also sailed as crew for a few days in the Caribbean and Lake Champlain. I own a 26’ Grampian, which is a Canadian-built sailboat. I have never done actual ocean sailing. I am planning to be in the Mediterranean in late September or early October where I will be doing my Coastal Skipper course, and am totally available to crew on a boat following that somewhere in the world. But hey, I can also fly to Oz and do the course there. One option is to do an Atlantic Ocean crossing in October, but I do want to eventually end up in the Pacific. I am perfectly fluent in English and French and can manage in Spanish. I am very portable, very flexible, and want nothing more than to sail with a great crew and an experienced skipper who can teach me more about sailing, in new corners of the world.

Let me know by email please for which legs you are still looking for crew (dates and locations).

Gena (genleclerc@gmail.com)
Old 09-18-2009, 03:37 AM   #11
Ensign

My names Tom, Im 20 years old and born in Australia Im very interested in getting some sailing experience, I have been thinking of making a career out of sailing and think this would be a great place to start. I am very keen to learn and eager to get on a boat.

I finished year 12 and then completed a year in the Australian Army "Gap Year" program, i managed to save a bit of money, so money wont be an issue.

I have my QL Boat safe and Elements of Shipboard Safety certificate and am willing to do any training required.

If your interested please contact me via:

email: tomdunn89@gmail.com

mob: 0404 504 027

Cheers! hopefully talk soon, Tom
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
Ensign

Updated from previous posting:

Jegs, I wrote to you a while ago but did not get a reply.

I am currently doing a crossing, we left Almeria in the south of Spain and are now on the west coast of Portugal, heading for Cape Finistera and northern Spain.

I will most likely be in Oz in November-december, looking to sail around the coast. I sailed the Whitsundays many years ago for 11 months.

You can contact me directly at genleclerc@gmail.com please.

Gena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena View Post
Hi Jegs,

I am a 37 year-old female from Montreal, Québec (Canada). I am presently on a half-sabbatical from my job as Project Manager organizing international conferences; I am looking to do some sailing between now and end of December. I have trained and worked as a sail guide/skipper in Australia (Whitsunday Islands) for 11 months where we took tourists out on charters around the coral islands, and have done the same for a month and a half in the St-Lawrence estuary in Quebec, which is a very difficult zone to navigate. I have also sailed as crew for a few days in the Caribbean and Lake Champlain. I own a 26' Grampian, which is a Canadian-built sailboat. I have never done actual ocean sailing. I am planning to be in the Mediterranean in late September or early October where I will be doing my Coastal Skipper course, and am totally available to crew on a boat following that somewhere in the world. But hey, I can also fly to Oz and do the course there. One option is to do an Atlantic Ocean crossing in October, but I do want to eventually end up in the Pacific. I am perfectly fluent in English and French and can manage in Spanish. I am very portable, very flexible, and want nothing more than to sail with a great crew and an experienced skipper who can teach me more about sailing, in new corners of the world.

Let me know by email please for which legs you are still looking for crew (dates and locations).

Gena (genleclerc@gmail.com)
Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #13
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Topic now closed. The topic starter can open a new (fresh) topic - but, he has not logged in to check this thread since May.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
australia