Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
Exp Couple Seeks Cruise

Home Port: Germantown, MD
Send a message via Skype™ to dbowen0849
Smile Bahamas in 2021

I have 30+ years and 25k+ blue water miles sailing experience ... with 2 ocean crossings. I have a life partner but she can't do this trip to the Bahamas this year so I need some help. I plan on going to the boat in mid January near Jacksonville, FL, then going down the ICW to Marineland Marina for a few weeks to wait the winter fronts out in a marina , then crossing to the Bahamas in mid March when the weather gets really good and returning late June. After crossing to either West End or Bimini, the route will include Nassau and down the Exumas to Georgetown and probably more. You can join be for the whole trip(Jan-Jun), or for a week in January to help me get the boat to Marineland and then come back in mid March for the Bahamas part.

Great trip to learn offshore sailing and how to operate sailing vessels for beginners. We will be at anchor at most of the locations and use marinas only infrequently. You will be expected to cover all your own shore costs(entry fees, restaurants, beer, etc). You should expect to share grocery food costs and diesel but I'll probably cover most of them. You're contribution will be max $300/month. Lots of chances to snorkel and hike beaches.

Experience is really not necessary, but I do need someone to help me anchoring and docking in marinas and someone that enjoys this type of boating and will help in all aspects of the boating life including cooking, dish washing, night watches, etc. Alcohol on board is fine(I'll join you) but no drugs.

The boat is a 1977 Gulfstar Classic 37 sloop. Refitted in 2010. My sailing resume is at Sailing Resume for Dave Bowen. Video of the boat is at
https://youtu.be/Onh5MBvp09M

Tags
bahamas