Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Come live on a 35' catamaran in Hiva Oa, French Polynesi

Come live on a 35' catamaran in Hiva Oa, French Polynesia

72 year old handicapped owner needs someone to help clean and organize boat, run errands ashore, etc. There is no sailing involved, just a nautical place to live in a remote pristine location. Owner of this 35' Hugo Myers catamaran is a former ASA Certified Sailing Instructor, USCG Lic Capt, & CPA. I am happy to teach sailing theory.

This is a non-paid opportunity.

To get here you fly into Papeete, Tahiti (PPT) and then via Air Tahiti to Atuona, Hiva Oa (AUQ). Use Google & Google Earth for details.

Send complete CV to info@danghazel.com DON’T SEND PHOTOS OR ANY FILES as the internet is slow. Copy/paste CV into body of email and remove any photos, please. Please honor this request and you application will be considered. Thanks.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Stuart
Default CRew Needed

Hello, My name is Kim Martin and I have been a Financial Wealth Advisor for a CPA firm in Florida for the past 10 years. My husband is between projects as a Project Mgr for a developer. We would have an interest in quitting work and going sailing. Would you consider a couple heaping you? Thanks

KIm Martin

Old 01-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
Ensign

Thanks for the response. Two people would be too much. It would not work for you either, I don't think. Best of luck.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
Admiral

Home Port: Bundarra, NSW
Vessel Name: None

To possible future respondents: Please read the original post carefully.

"There is no sailing involved."

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Cape Town

Hi,

I am really interested.

1. Do you cover the cost of flights to destination, or must I cover that myself?
2. For how long is the work? 1 Year? 2 Years? Do I have to sign a contract?
3. Will it be too late to start in August 2017? I have quit my job, but because of my contract, I have to wait a few months before I can leave.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Panama City
Default Want to join a boat crew

Hello

Do you pay for the travel expenses to Tahiti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhazel View Post
Come live on a 35' catamaran in Hiva Oa, French Polynesia

72 year old handicapped owner needs someone to help clean and organize boat, run errands ashore, etc. There is no sailing involved, just a nautical place to live in a remote pristine location. Owner of this 35' Hugo Myers catamaran is a former ASA Certified Sailing Instructor, USCG Lic Capt, & CPA. I am happy to teach sailing theory.

This is a non-paid opportunity.

To get here you fly into Papeete, Tahiti (PPT) and then via Air Tahiti to Atuona, Hiva Oa (AUQ). Use Google & Google Earth for details.

Send complete CV to info@danghazel.com DON’T SEND PHOTOS OR ANY FILES as the internet is slow. Copy/paste CV into body of email and remove any photos, please. Please honor this request and you application will be considered. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:05 AM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: Cape Town

Yeah. I can pay for expenses of flight. If you could pay, that would be cool too. I emailed my CV.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:36 PM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: Faro

Hello,
Is this announcement still valid ?

Tags
catamaran