Crew in Greece, Volos - Kalamata, May 20-July 17
1. Boat Name, Hailing Port, including country: BEBECA, Toronto, Canada
2. Type and size of boat: Dehler 41 CR Sailboat Fast Racer/Cruiser
3. Will the boat's owner be aboard (yes/no): Yes
4. What is the relationship of the skipper to boat owner if owner won't be aboard (Relative/friend, Employee/delivery skipper): N/A
5. How many other crew will be aboard during this passage: 2 (Daughter and Husband)
6. How many children will be aboard during this passage: 2 (Grandchildren - well trained sailors)
7. Children's ages (infant through 18 y.o.): 8, 6
8. How many pets (and type) will be aboard during this passage: 0
9. Present boat location (Port including Country): Volos, Greece
10. Starting point of passage advertised for crew: Volos, Greece
11. Approximate date trip will start (month/year): May 23rd, 2013
12. Approximate length of trip: 7-8 weeks
13. Expected destination of trip: Kalamata, Greece
14. Duties crew member will be expected to perform: Assist in sailing the boat, deploying/trimming sails and occasionally steering, anchoring, docking/mooring, safeguard boat at anchor or marina, keeping boat ship-shape.
15. Desired sailing experience level for crew member to already have: Basic sailing skills with knowledge of terminology and good grasp of theory and experience in handling sails, winches, steering.
16. Expected daily cost-share for trip (in US Dollar): No cost share
17. Skipper states that the expected daily cost-share stated is for FOOD only and doe not include fuel, boat operating costs, marina fees, or any other expenses of cruising nor for profit (yes/no): yes
Will pay transportation costs to/from start/destination to max EU 800 at the end of trip. No other money will change hands.
Crew will have own cabin with double bed (share head) and be considered part of the family, therefore it is expected to behave as the rest of the family does (Canadians, born and raised, no smoking, limited social drinking, proper attire and language).
Crew is expected to help commission the boat (apr. 1 week) with light work duties.
Will visit some of the best, least known, places along the route (Aegean, Evoia) and southern Peloponnese and Ionian.
Engagement may extend til Mid-September with participation in regattas and local club races.
Crew is expected to sign a Release Form as a liability waiver and to respond through private mailing with a CV and references.
We sail to learn and have fun.