Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: St. Augustine
Vessel Name: North Star
Default crew to sail from St. Aug FL to Buzzards Bay

I am looking for a congenial nonsmoking crew member who wants to gain experience with offshore cruising under sail. We intend to sail from St. Augustine FL to Buzzard's Bay MA, aboard my 1976 Bristol 35. We will sail out of St. Aug on June 1, 2012, offshore for three nights to Beaufort NC, arriving in the morning of June 4. We will sail North beginning June 5 or 6 on the Intracoastal, stopping nightly, until we get to Norfolk VA. We will wait for weather, then sail offshore North (June 11/12) along the Delmarva peninsula to Cape May NJ, arriving June 12/13. We will wait for weather to sail from Cape May NJ (Approx June 14/15) to Block Island RI, arriving approximately June 16/17. We will sail to a mooring on Cuttyhunk Island on June 18 or 19. On the morning of June 20/21 we will sail North on Buzzard's Bay to the Onset Bay Marina, our final destination. I have done this trip yearly, including the return voyage from Onset Bay to St. Augustine, beginning in 2007. I will supply all meals and liquids onboard, but crew are responsible for their own restaurant meals and travel to and from North Star. One crew member and myself will be onboard for the duration, i.e., you will be one of three sailors onboard. Your main involvement concerns standing watch and navigation during overnight shifts offshore, but all sailing skills will be greatly valued and employed. Beyond help with sailing, the object is to enjoy sailing and the camaraderie of nice people. If you would like to do a portion of this sail (for example, from St. Augustine to Norfolk VA, or Norfolk VA to Onset MA) that can be arranged. Please email or call (numbers below) if you have an interest in pursuing this.
Yours Truly
Michael Gabriel
Professor Emeritus
University of Illinois
1016 Windward Way
St. Augustine FL 32080
904-461-9794 (H)
904-540-9955 (C)
email--mgabriel (at) ilinois (dot) edu
michaelgabriel (at) bellsouth (dot) net

Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Thanks so much for the detailed description of your planned journey. We wish you good luck in finding crew and having a safe and enjoyable journey.

Fair winds,

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote