Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Ensign

Hello all Ladies.

Are there 2 female crew members that might be interested in helping me sail my yacht from the Azores to Scandinavia during May this year 2011? Note that I am not seeking any “private adventure”, I am too happy in my marriage for that, just to avoid any misunderstandings. Problem is that my wife cannot attend the trip, therefore the need for crew at his time.

I need 2 crew on-board plus myself as this is the ideal number on our boat and watch keeping. I am choosing a female crew because they do not need to show off all the time and from the crews we have had during the years we have trusted female crew much more. Sorry guys, we might just have been unlucky! Despite that, we need 2 independent references from each crew member.

The crew I seek need not be highly experienced, but knowing the basics in sailing is an advantage. The most important thing is that interested crew members do not suffer from sea sickness, this is very important as a sea sick person on-board gives the others so much extra work and that is not safe on a trip like this. Amongst other things is that my wife and I have a very clean and tidy boat, so it is good if you have the same approach to this, as things goes so much smoother then. You will travel at your own expense to and from departure point and arrival point, the on-board costs are on me. You can have your own berth or share a double cabin with your crew-mate.

The boat is a smoke and drug free vessel, you will not enter the boat with any of that stuff. I think this is important to state right from the beginning.

About me: I have more than 50 years of sailing experience and have had navigation as my job for over 40 years before retiring. I am easy going with the serious crew and it is easy for me to have a good laugh. However, I was a captain in my career and the “stripes never leave the zebra”.

The boat is a 51 ft custom re-built Beneteau Idylle 15.50. The only thing that is still original (almost) from Beneteau is the hull. The boat is self sufficient in every aspect, as long as we have a bit of diesel on-board. It is one of the best ocean going boats I have been sailing, heavy and smooth in the seas yet pretty fast for its old fashion lines.

Please check our website for more information of the boat: http://seaotter1.com

If you are interested in coming along don´t wait to answer, you might be the lucky one.

Best regards,

Chris

Tags
crew wanted