Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Looking for crew

Voyage - Philippines to New Britain through Solomons to Noumea

yacht - Indonesian Phinisi (two masted top sail schooner) 75 ft LOA extended to 100 ft with 25 ft bowsprit. 40 tons, built teak and ironwood 2000.

Sailing rig - 3 jibs, main gaff and topsail, mizzen gaff and topsail, two staysails mizzen to main.

Engine room --- Yanmar main diesel, Mitsuibishi generato electrical s 12 v dc , 24v dc and 240 v ac.

Accommodation - 12 berths in dormitory style cabin, air con, saloon

Wheelhouse - GPS, Sat Comm, VHF etc

Galley - fully equipped

Departing end july/early august

No paid flights

other crew - filippino catain and mate.

Attached Thumbnails
004.jpg  

Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibsail View Post

Looking for crew

Voyage - Philippines to New Britain through Solomons to Noumea

yacht - Indonesian Phinisi (two masted top sail schooner) 75 ft LOA extended to 100 ft with 25 ft bowsprit. 40 tons, built teak and ironwood 2000.

Sailing rig - 3 jibs, main gaff and topsail, mizzen gaff and topsail, two staysails mizzen to main.

Engine room --- Yanmar main diesel, Mitsuibishi generato electrical s 12 v dc , 24v dc and 240 v ac.

Accommodation - 12 berths in dormitory style cabin, air con, saloon

Wheelhouse - GPS, Sat Comm, VHF etc

Galley - fully equipped

Departing end july/early august

No paid flights

other crew - filippino catain and mate.
G'day 'jib' How are all the preperations going? How long do you plan to cruise - in this particular voyage? What's the estimated cost - once on board per person? What visas's & papers does one need to be on the over-safe side of everyone's laws? Think 'the cruise' is a bit soon for my schedual but sure sounds like a nice relaxed adventure. Answering some of these questions may well get some other people interested. Meanwhile I'll keep trying to see if I can get ready in time. Ciao, james

Old 07-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
Lieutenant

Hi James

Thanks for reply. The duration of the voyage depends on the monsoons - at the moment we can get a good wind on the stern quarter with the SW monsoon along to PNG, then i think we will head back to the Philippines sometime next year. My crew and I have seaman discharge books, I read that in PNG a 30 day visa costs 30bucks - USD or AUS D llrs not sure?

The captain and mate have been on the yacht for several years and know the yacht, but would like to find some aussies or Kiwi who would like the adventure. Cannot pay much salary but meals provided. If no one comes forward then will take a filippino crew - I pay them 5 bucks a day plus food, but they like to do their own fishing especially when we are anchor, and I keep a few 100 mt nets on board .

If the weather is good when we reach Noumea - New Caledonia I wouldn't mind heading down to NZ for the World Rugby series and leaving the boat in the Russel area fo r a few weeks, but NZ regs seem strict especially with foreign crew.

Will keep you informed as and when we aweigh anchors and set the sails.

Dave
Old 07-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Manila

My name is Brandon and I have been traveling the world for the last 6 months. I have arrived in the Philippines from Japan a month ago and would like to meet up with a vessel and do some sailing here in the Philippines going just about anywhere. I have experience although I would only call myself a weekend sailor with friends who have owned boats. I can cook be a deck hand or watchman. I can meet at any port in the Philippines or beyond and I am willing to share expenses. Please email me if you are interested and if not please pass on my email mydream2sail@gmail.com to any vessel that is looking for crew in the Philippines.

Fair Winds
Brandon

Tags
crew wanted, png