Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Sydney
Default Crew wanted to sail from Darwin to Cairns

My partner and I have sailed our new 40' Catamaran from Sydney to Darwin however she is unable to continue the journey back to Sydney so I am looking for 1-2 competent, young, fit crew to join in on this amazing experience and assist me in returning the boat back.

The offer is only from Darwin to Cairns but the right person could potentially be considered for further legs towards Sydney. The trip should take around 3-5 weeks depending on the weather and the boat will be leaving Darwin harbour around Mid-October 2013.

The running costs of the boat (eg parts, fuel etc) are covered by me but the crew will be expected to share in living expenses such as food and drinks.
Sailing experience or general boating experience is preferred but not essential. It is critical that you are able to stay onboard and on water for extended periods of time without getting seasick. Common sense is mandatory for your safety and the vessel’s.’

If you think you meet these criteria and would like to be a part of this experience then please email me your interest with some information about you as well as a recent photograph of yourself.

If you would like to read more about our journey so far then check out this site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang...61085717295887

Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Brisbane

Hi Mate,

I'm very interested in your trip I've been Cairns to Darwin but not the other way round.
I've been working on large yachts all around the world for the past 8 years, with 50 000 miles at sea, 30 000 as watchkeeper in all conditions.
I love getting off the beaten track and "hunting and gathering" is an interest of mine!
I can cook ok plus I have a great music collection.
Please contact me at christiantspeed@hotmail.com for further info and/or my CV.

Cheers!

Chris

Tags
cairns, crew, crew wanted, darwin, sail