Rhode Island to Fl Keys
1. Boat Name, Hailing Port, including country:
S.V. Perseverate, Rhode Island, USA
2. Type and size of boat:
Allied Mistress, 39ft center cockpit cutter ketch.
3. Will the boat's owner be aboard (yes/no):
4. What is the relationship of the skipper to boat owner if owner won't be aboard (Relative/friend, Employee/delivery skipper):
5. How many other crew will be aboard during this passage:
6. How many children will be aboard during this passage:
7. Children's ages (infant through 18 y.o.):
under 1 year
8. How many pets (and type) will be aboard during this passage:
9. Present boat location (Port including Country):
N.Kingstown, Rhode Island
10. Starting point of passage advertised for crew:
Rhode Island or there abouts
11. Approximate date trip will start (month/year):
12. Approximate length of trip:
As long as it takes
13. Expected destination of trip:
14. Duties crew member will be expected to perform:
Watch-stander, cooking, cleaning, MUST be good with kids
15. Desired sailing experience level for crew member to already have:
None required, some preferred, but skipper is a 200ton MCA Ocean Yachtmaster and willing to teach.
16. Expected daily cost-share for trip (in US Dollar):
No cost for single crew member, 15 dollars/day for second person if a partner wants to come along.
17. Skipper states that the expected daily cost-share stated is for FOOD only and doe not include fuel, boat operating costs, marina fees, or any other expenses of cruising nor for profit (yes/no):
cost-share is for food only, must get yourself too and from the boat and pay for most amenities ashore (alcohol etc)
For crew, we note that other reasonable expenses which crew may be expected and prepared to pay themselves include visa, travel to-and-from the boat, alcohol, eating and drinking in port, transportation in port.
18. Include other information which may be use
Trip is on no specific timeline... we are cruisers not delivery crew. Trip will likely be some ICW and some outside.
Crew may stay on for trip to the keys and as long after as everyone is getting along... definite tentative plan is Keys this winter, Scandinavia next summer, then back to the caribbean, then back to the Med... and onward where the wind takes us...
Please provide basic data via PM:
age, physical disabilities, dietary restrictions, sailing experience, experience with infants, allergies, other medical conditions, time restrictions... and anything else you think may be important.
“The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going.” (Epictetus 55 - 135 AD)
"To see new things, and live day to day, is better than wine or poppy, and fitter for a man." (Theseus)