Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
Ensign

Good day,

My name is Phillipe Chevalier, I have instructed sailing and raced competitively for many years. I am very interested in joining you accross the Atlantic in May. I have been keen to sail the Atlantic for years now and will have some time in May to go. Although I have extensive sailing expiernce and expertise, I have not had the oppurtunity to participate in many off shore adventures. I am a 26 year old investment professional currently residing in Toronto. I am very relaxed, I enjoy good food, wine and good coversation.

I can be reached by email at pchevali@connect.carleton.ca.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Phil

Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #22
Ensign

Hi;

Is there any way to join you in Mediteranean sea sometime in summer.

What is your schedule for the summer?

Koli

Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #23
Ensign

Sailing across the wind...

Maybe you did not get you full crew.

If interested. ganji22_irie@hotmail.com whit experience.\thanks you.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #24
Ensign

Vessel Name: Eclipse

Hello Jim and Barbara,

SV Margurerite sounds a goodly vessel...

Re: crew ~ pls. check my Cruiser Log profile as Eclipse and, if interested, drop me a line @ martin_h_samuel@hotmail.com

All the best,

Martin
Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #25
Ensign

Hi Marguerite,

are you still looking for crew for the Atlantic crossing in May? I am very very interested in joining you. I am a German national but currently living in the US. I would like to forward you my sailing resume if you are interested.

berdt@gmx.net

Michael
Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #26
Ensign

Hello, my name is Weston Lynch, I am looking for a position as a deckhand during a trans-atlantic voyage. My dates fit the dates you would like to travel. I need to be in Istanbul by July 12 at the latest for a wedding, but that should be no problem.

A little bit about myself:

I have work experience in both painting and construction, and have extensive hospitality experience from working in fine dining and hotels. I am a hard worker who loves a good challenge, and am always looking for something new to experience and interesting people to meet. I speak English fluently, Spanish conversationally, and am currently learning Turkish. I grew up learning how to manage small sailboats and catamarans (hobiecats), and have a real love for sailing. I enjoy cooking a great deal, and have had a job working at a camp as head cook, but cooking gourmet food is not my specialty. As I was in the Boyscouts, I have experience with knots, although they will need to be refreshed. Although I have never experienced an extended trip on a sailboat, I believe I would enjoy it immensely.

I will have just graduated college in May and am hoping to spend some time, possibly years, working abroad teaching English and maybe working for peace in Israel/Palestine (although I dont really know how to go about this yet). Whatever I do, I know that the place I feel most at home is in unfamiliar surroundings and amongst challenges, even though they may be hard at the time.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I will send a CV and picture upon request, and a phone interview is very doable.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #27
Ensign

Hi there,

Abbrev. CV

Andrew Teufel - passed the big 40

Stoney Creek, Ontario

Mostly around the buoys in lake ontario

Little Blue Water in the Phillipine Sea. Trip cut short

Boat Handling - excellent

Navigation - Good

Diesel - so so

Handy - Definately

Physical- I can do almost all things nec.

Night Watches -espresso or some strong coffee!

Smoking - damm things still have a hold on me. I can manage to swim and smoke at the same time though.

I'm not going anywhere to soon.

Thought it would be fun to start a conversation.

BTW My Mother - inlaw, lives in Nova Scotia

Andyteuf@yahoo.ca
Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #28
Ensign

Hello,

I know there are a lot of replies to this post, but I'm really hoping there's still a chance for this great experience.

I'm an 18 year old female who goes to Wellesley College, right outside Boston, probably majoring in Medical Anthropology but also studying German. I lived with my family for a year on a 40ft catamaran in the South Pacific, raced small FJ's all through high school and spent two weeks studying oceanography, while crewing, on a Brigandine ship in the Gulf of Maine a few years ago.

I also feel I'd be a great addition to the crew. I don't smoke or do drugs. I'm adventurous, independant and I love to explore new parts of the world. To me, happiness is travel and adventure.

I'm hoping to be able to join you in May (after final exams) in DC. It would be so exciting! Also, my mother is from outside Mannheim, and I still have family there, so I'm planning on visiting family in Germany in late July/August. (I would take the train inland)

Vielleicht kann ich auch mit Sie Deustch sprechen!

Please email me back if you're still looking for someone to help crew. I'd love to join you in your trans-atlantic crossing.

My email is cohlinge@wellesley.edu

Hoping to hear back from you,

Gutes Wetter!

Constance
Old 03-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #29
Ensign

Hello Barbara, Jim and Sam

We are T and Jessi, 28 and 25 year old adventurers, we are happy and friendly people who get along easily with others. We have just seen your ad on cruiserslog.com and we’re very excited! T has been coastal sailing since childhood and Jessi has been eagerly trying to impress T for the last 4 years. T has sailed dinghies for his national team, headed his successful university team and sails a classic boat at club level, and Jessi has sailed in the Baltic and the Mediterranean as crew when not sailing with T in their 505.

T is a conservation scientist and Jessi is a linguist, both easy going and relaxed but tidy, methodical and hard working. We understand the demands of sailing and relish the idea an ocean crossing. We’ve been together a long time and we’re neither loved-up puppies or snapping trigger fish, just comfortable around each other in the company of others. Our other hobbies include skiing, mountain walking, wild-camping, cooking, reading, back-gammon, scuba diving and occasionally losing our swimming costumes.

Crossing the Atlantic is our next mission in life (T’s lifelong ambition), hopefully this summer. We are currently in Whistler skiing for the season and although the snow is very nice, we’re both itching to get back on the water. We had originally planned to stay on in British Columbia for a while but a friend has announced he’s getting married in August so..... time for a new plan -we need to be back in England by August. If you plan to be in Europe by August then we would love to crew for you. We are able to leave Whistler in May.

Hope to hear from you,

T and Jessi

teagoat@yahoo.com

jessiguida@yahoo.com
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #30
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to Jakomungo

JIM and BARB, Hello Hello!

My name is Jake. I am 22. I am not much of a sailor. I would like to be a sailor. I would love to travel with you. My first observation is that you might find the age difference a bit incompatible, but don't you still feel 22??

I am graduating from the university of new hampshire in may with a degree in civil engineering. BUT i don't want to be ball-and-chained to an office EVER. I want to travel for the rest of my life, or at least not work most of my waking hours.

you guys sound like a lot of fun and i am a lot of fun. What a perfect match.

Anyways, check out my profile. My email is jpa6@unh.edu if you want to get in touch with me

Take care

Jake
Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #31
Ensign

Hi,

I'd love to sail the Atlantic to the Meditranean with you. I look to add to my ocean sailing experience. I am a 58 years old retired computer man with some sailing experience. I am a junior skipper in Cal Sailing Club in Berkely and teach the novice at times. I did last year's Baja Ha Ha from San Francisco to Cabo San Lucas in Baja California, Mexico (more than 2000 Kilometers in the Pacific). Harold, the owner of the boat (a Jeaneau 52) could tell you about me as a reference. I am Iranian and live in San Francisco. I do smoke my pipe at times. I can navigate, cook and do my turn at the helm. I have crossed deserts and climbed mountains in many parts of the world and could tell you about those if you are interested. My next projects are sailing from San Francisco to the Persian Gulf, and rigging an old dhow and sailing with it from the Persian Gulf to San Francisco. I said I need the ocean experience.

More information about me in my personal website at: http://www.aliparsa.com/

Please contact me through my email address: aliparsa [at] yahoo [dot] com

Best wishes for your trip.

Ali Parsa
Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #32
Ensign

Hello Captain Jim, First Mate Barbara and First Mascot Sam,

My name is Stefano, I have mainly sailing experience a long the coast in Mediterranean and Caribbean, day and night sailing (see my resume).

What I am looking now it is sail few weeks in a blue water, help and sail with friendly people.

I'm 53, friendly, non-smoker, world businessmen traveler, hard worker, learn new skills very quickly, educated and well mannered, good sense of humor, know when to be entertaining and when to be quiet, and I'm very good at defusing tension. I can sit long watches, all night if necessary.

I'm looking for Atlantic crossing Eastbound this spring/summer for increase my sail package experience to 360°, because my dream it is, soon or later, to do something like you with my wife and our cats.

Yes, because I like cats, we have three cats leaving with us at home, plus one “homeless” that we adopted this winter who is leaving outside but he will go to sleep in the garage.

I'm looking forward to the space and silence of the open ocean, but also the friendships gained through such experiences.

I speak Italian, English, French and some Spanish, learned for business necessity and certainly enough to stay out of trouble.

Please contact me, if you're interested in having me aboard. My personal email gattiste1@hotmail.com

hope to hear from you

Good wind

Stefano
Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #33
Ensign

hi

if you will be looking for crew crossing med- us please contact me,

I am a 26 years old female,

with experience and love for the sea

thanks

or

Orabr@hotmail.com
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #34
Ensign

Jim, Barbara, (and Sam),

I'd love to sail with you if there is still an opportunity. At this point, I imagine you've nearly crossed the Atlantic. That's fine. If you'll be travelling around the Mediterranean, I'd love to help you if you need crew when you get there. It's not often you get the chance to sail on such an awesome looking schooner.

I am an easy-going and 25 year old living in Boston, MA. I am headed to business school this summer and would like an adventure before I return to the books. I have about 8 years of day-racing experience on 33-40 foot sailboats--primarily a Shock 35 and C&C 115. As a crewmember on these boats I generally worked the foredeck and trimmed the jib (though I have dabbled in every crew position). I have additional experience skippering FJs, Interlakes, and Lasers. Most of my "open water" sailing experience occurred on Lake Erie--which can get quite rough--with a small portion of my experience on the Atlantic in South Carolina and the Pacific in San Diego.

As for my personality, I used to teach sailing to 8-14 year old children, so I am patient and good at communicating with others on a boat. I appreciate a well-run ship and will work hard to pull my weight. Though I bring many skills from 20+ years of sailing, my best asset may be my open mind and desire to constantly improve my sailing skills. I do not smoke, am tidy, and drink minimally.

I am available from May 16th - August 10th 2009.

Please email me at rob1now@msn.com.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 05-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #35
Ensign

Hi,

I was interested in your sail to the Mediterranean, in fact, I was just telling someone TODAY that I wanted to go there at some point. How ironic.

I'm actually new to sailing, but definately not to aquatics. I've been certified in SCUBA, lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR since I was 14, or 15, and about 3 years ago, I got instructor certifications for lifeguard, cpr, FA, water safety, oxygen admin., etc. I'm a semi-professional surfer, and i've been surfing for over 8 years. My ultimate goal in life has been to own a sailboat, since I see that as the most pure and free spirited way to teavel and live.

I'm looking for either a paid position, cleaning, etc, or a free ride in exchange to knowledge and maybe food. I'll buy my own rum, no problem. I'm open to negotiations and opportunities.

I also have a beautiful siamese himalayan cat who is less than a year old, and I can't stand the thought of leaving her behind for too long. A couple of months will be fine.

If you can offer help in any way, I'd LOVE to learn as much as I can, and traveling is my number one priority in life right now.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
cheese.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #36
Ensign

Hi Jim and Barbara,

I just graduated from an MBA program at Johns Hopkins University and am looking for a crew position on a sailboat to complete a transatlantic passage this summer. Your itinerary sounds like the perfect opportunity. The majority of my sailing experience has been off the coast of Maine, where I worked as a sailing instructor throughout high school, but I have also chartered sailboats in the BVIs. I am motivated, hard-working, and enjoy challenging environments, but most importantly I am comfortable and competent on the water. I also have a friend with good sailing experience that would be interested in a crew position on your boat if you need more than one crew.

Since I am done with school, I would be available to leave whenever necessary. I am available for a phone or in-person interview at your convenience. Please let me know if you are still looking for crew to help with your voyage.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Brian Gault

briangault@gmail.com
Old 05-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #37
Ensign

Send a message via MSN to ingoirmela

Hi Jim, hi Baraba,

Have you left yet?

Husband/wife team (SA/German nationals) currently in France and looking for sailing position. Both have STCW/Day Skipper, easy going, reliable and keen. I am a surfer/diver and both of us love water sports and the out doors. We have resigned managerial positions to do something more exciting, subscribe to a healthy life-style and are looking for an adventure. Though we are no longer in our 20s (48/51), we are top fit and wife is good cook plus excellent house-keeper so vessel will always be neat and tidy. If you want to have more detail, we are happy to submit CVs, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you and with best regards

Ingo
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #38
Ensign

just registered and saw your post--how are things going? did you find crew? are you on your way now?

you can email me at r.w.bradfordj@gmail.com

thank you,

richard
Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #39
Ensign

Hi Jim, hi Baraba,

Doktor on Board.

Boat size & type: all type

Embark port: Port Colon, Panama Canal, Panama, Port Limon, Costa Rica, all Caribean

Estimated departure (or join) date: March 2010

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): all Europa

Number of other crew aboard: Skipper plus all type.

Crew qualifications required and duties: doctor med. dentystry out of service,

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: myself

Estimated equal-share contribution to food: (Per person, per day) = myself $US.

World Citizen, 58, 10 languages, private person, non smoker, non drinker, no wishes-happy, dentist out of service, but a portable unit for tartar removal with ultra sound, etc. is present, in autumn in Ecuador & Costa Rika as an expedition doctor and so invited, from March 2010 is pleased to provide for a yacht trip from America to Europe. Email: america.yacht.europa@gmail.com

Your Doc
Old 09-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #40
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Post now outdated.

Topic closed.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, atlantic crossing, crew wanted, crossing, med