Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

While not necessarily a game for the purists, I am enjoying the competition from South Africa...How we were flogged by Zimbabwe is a mystery....But then we clouted the Poms....so the balance is restored!

David

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzee View Post
While not necessarily a game for the purists, I am enjoying the competition from South Africa...How we were flogged by Zimbabwe is a mystery....But then we clouted the Poms....so the balance is restored!

David
That is not cricket ! No mystery - better team played better ! By the way what is this so-called game ? a version of tiddlywinks? Enough !

Back to the Rugby , the gentlemen's game!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
Admiral

I remember everyone saying the same things when the 50 over game developed in the 70's. It's still entertaining and it means terminal safety bores such as G. Boycott esq. won't get a run these days...And that has to be a good thing.

David.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
Admiral

Nothing, welll almost nothing, can beat a really good five-day test match but how often do we see that?

The 50-over game is i.m.h.o. the best thing ever to have happened to cricket. It has become dynamic and thrilling. Who will ever forget the game between S.Africa and W.Indies at Newlands in 2003? R.S.A. lost by just 3 runs but what a match. What a final over!

Cricket boring! Never. That was nail-biting stuff. I still can't believe my luck in that I was sent to Cape Town just in time to see the match. I was then sent to Port Elizabeth (taking my time driving the Garden Route) in time to see the Kiwis beat W.Indies at St. George's Park a few days later. Fantastic, and everything but the match tickets paid for by the EU. Sometimes work has its positive moments

// Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzee View Post
G. Boycott esq.

David.
Who is G.Boycott Esquire ? Why did Australia have so many yellow cards playing Wales ? It is hoped that they improve before the quarter finals.

Richard
Old 09-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Admiral

Geoff Boycott was an opening batsman for the Poms for about 20 years. His figures are impressive, but they don't show him to be the most painfully slow opener of all time. His favourite shot was the forward defensive block.

Wales....Well there's a story. Yellow cards?...Not an issue. Why, when the event is hosted by the frogs did we have to play the Welsh on their home turf....and still we overcame.....Yes we did...and this, is only the beginning!

Go the Wobblies...... But this is a cricket thread....The India/Pakistan game, decided on the last ball on the 20/20.....They don't come any more exciting.

David