Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
Ensign

Hello Cruisers,

this is a random shot! Hope I find some help here for my next treasure quest

I plan together with a crew of 50 damned funny activists a lionhearted "climate education trip" on a big sailing ship to the climate summit in Copenhagen. This action will take place in December this year. The plan is to start from Rostock (Germany) on our buccaneer to Copenhagen (Denmark); spread fun and pirate spirit, air our opinion and open new perspectives about our world. The mother ship is already chartered but hasn't enough space for the whole band.

Here's my question: Is it possible to find a fun oriented captain to beef up our pirate fleet with a vessel? The more we are the better we are! I know December isn't the best time to sail the Baltic Sea but us much more we are engaged and produce amazing ideas :-) truly! It would be a great help if you could give me advice where to start my search for captain and ship. Maybe some contact persons, other forums or any well-meant tip is more then welcome. I need as much input as possible!

Our pirate band stand for fun and engagement for a better world - we are just the bad from the good ones - so please don't wonder about this announcement. Post what ever you like, gives ideas, new activists are anytime welcome and don't forget: tell people about us - we will do this!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #2
Admiral

"I plan together with a crew of 50 damned funny activists"

"The mother ship is already chartered but hasn't enough space for the whole band"

"Is it possible to find a fun oriented captain to beef up our pirate fleet with a vessel?"

How many of the '50 damned funny activists' will be on the 'mother ship' ?

What size vessel is required to take those 'damned funny activists' who will not fit on the 'mother ship'?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
Admiral

Don't forget that if a ship carries more than 12 passengers she must be classed as a passenger vessel with all the apropriate certificates and the master and crew will have to be properly licensed

Aye // Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
"I plan together with a crew of 50 damned funny activists"

"The mother ship is already chartered but hasn't enough space for the whole band"

"Is it possible to find a fun oriented captain to beef up our pirate fleet with a vessel?"

How many of the '50 damned funny activists' will be on the 'mother ship' ?

What size vessel is required to take those 'damned funny activists' who will not fit on the 'mother ship'?
Sorry for my late answer

32 people will be on the ship, there is a professional crew which are experienced with these kind of actions and I'm until now not 100% into it but I'm sure the crew now what they do! Don't consider this as crazy .

This is the ship: http://www.lovis.de/

To your last question: I don't know what kind of ship we should take. It's enough if one of us can sail on a small vessel with an experienced captain - the fun is important. If the captain is willing to carry one more of us: even better.