Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Ensign

Hello everyone,

I introduce myself, Julien Fournier, and I work for the firm Trimaran, a company specialized in CGI animation for television, film and sports events.

Recently Trimaran has launched an application called GeoRacing, a complete tracking solution and 3D visualization of outdoor sports competition (sailing being currently the only sport we follow). This is possible thanks to the 3D reconstruction of places of competitions (geographical data like Google Earth) and competitors themselves (model boats).

GeoRacing allow you to follow all the major races of the season :

- ISAF World Cup Events (SOF, Delta Lloyd Regata, Kieler Woche...)

- 470 Worlds

- RC 44 Austria Cup

You can follow these events live on big screen, smartphones, or watch a replay whenever you want.

In addition, GeoRacing is a complete application, which offer you a full race tracking :

- Start line

- Ranking at mark, at gate and at finish line

- Intermediate ranking in C.M.G.

- Information about speed and heading

- Traces of boats

All our videos are available on our Youtube Channel via this link : http://www.youtube.c...eoRacingGTS#p/p

Feel free to support us on Facebook, that will really help us : http://www.facebook....148127461923351

Wishing you a good viewing,

Team Trimaran.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Ensign

Follow live the 34th Tour de France Voile (Sailing)

For all the Tour de France Voile, a GPS tracking system will be used.

The tracking is implemented by the use of GPS trackers from MYLAPS and the 3D visualization solution GeoRacing from TRIMARAN.

Better than Reality:

Go on the Live Tracking Portal, to see Live or Replay of all Inshore races and learn the intricacies of the regatta, invisible on water: start, speed and heading of vessels, tacticals actions. All races will be available in 2D.

2 live days will be available in 3D with GeoRacing:

- Saturday, June 25th in Dunkerque, from 10:30

- Friday, July 22th in Marseille, from 11h00

Races of your choice on our site : www.waypoint-tracking.com

Old 06-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Rear Admiral

[QUOTE=GeoRacing;1308936860]

Follow live the 34th Tour de France Voile (Sailing)

For all the Tour de France Voile, a GPS tracking system will be used.

The tracking is implemented by the use of GPS trackers from MYLAPS and the 3D visualization solution GeoRacing from TRIMARAN.

Better than Reality:

Go on the Live Tracking Portal, to see Live or Replay of all Inshore races and learn the intricacies of the regatta, invisible on water: start, speed and heading of vessels, tacticals actions. All races will be available in 2D.

2 live days will be available in 3D with GeoRacing:

- Saturday, June 25th in Dunkerque, from 10:30

- Friday, July 22th in Marseille, from 11h00

Races of your choice on our site : www.waypoint-tracking.com

Gooday there. Welcome to 'our' - 'World Cruising & Sailing' forums, all 13,500 of us. Everyone that makes a 'true' contribution is always welcome. I'm an 'older' yachting (cruising & racing) male person & I've been playing-with-boats of a while now. I've tried to check-out your web site & personally found it not so 'user friendly". My questions is - what does - your promption - have to do with cruising or sailing - in general? I'm not 'knocking-it' but for the life of me - I don't see - what it has to do with these 'forums' & the subject matter discussed here-in. Please explain so I can learn more about what I really love & cherish - 'yachting' & how to do it safer & better? Thank so much, Ciao, james
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Ensign

You miss the 34th Tour de France sailing this weekend?

You want to see the entire race in 2D or 3D?

This content is available via a link on our Facebook page.

Join us

That's why I am on the section "Poop Deck". I am not going to learn you how to "yacht" safer and better, but with this application you can watch pros during their races. Maybe you can learn from that

Try it, it's free