Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Humour

A police officer pulls over a car with a young blonde driver in it....

Cop : "Miss, this is a 65 MPH highway, why are you going so slowly?"

Blonde : "Officer, I saw a lot of signs saying 22, not 65."

Cop : "Oh miss, that's not the speed limit, that's the name of the highway you're on!"

Blonde : "Oh! Stupid me! Thanks for letting me know, Ill be more careful from now on."

At this point the cop looks into the back seat of the car, where the passengers are shaking and white as ghosts.

Cop : "Excuse me miss, what's wrong with your friends back there? They're shaking something awful."

Blonde : "Oh... We just got off of highway 119".

www.bitsfortheboat.com
sbenest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

He-He!

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Boomerang!

Home Port: Oxford, MD
Vessel Name: Boomerang!
Cool

That's pretty good.... so I thought I'd add one I came across here recently...and if blonde jokes are apropos...if you think it not funny, don't shoot me! LOL....

Two Middle Eastern mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk. The older of the mothers pulls a bag out of her purse and starts flipping through photos and they start reminiscing.

'This is my oldest son Mohammed. He would be 24 years old now.' 'Yes, I remember him as a baby' says the other mother cheerfully. 'He's a martyr now though' mum confides. 'Oh, so sad dear' says the other.

And this is my second son Kalid. He would be 21' 'Oh, I remember him,' says the other happily, 'he had such curly hair when he was born'. 'He's a martyr too' says the mum quietly. 'Oh, gracious me ...' says the other.

'And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed. He would be 18,' she whispers. 'Yes' says the friend enthusiastically, 'I remember when he first started school' 'He's a martyr also,' says mum, with tears in here yes. After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photographs and says....

'They blow up so fast, don't they?'

S/V Boomerang!

1980 Cal 39 Mark II

St Michaels, MD
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Admiral

1. A day without sunshine is like night.

2.. On the other hand, you have different fingers.

3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.

6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture most people have.

10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

13. How many of you believe in

psychokinesis? Raise my hand.

14. OK, so what's the speed of dark?

15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?

18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?

20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?

21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?'

22. Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.

23. Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Well if we're going to start non-PC we may as well stay non-PC.

3 expectant mothers sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's surgery, all waiting for their pregnancy check-ups. Each of them is knitting a little baby sweater.

The first mother takes a bottle of pills out of her handbag, and takes one. The others ask "what's that?". She replies "oh, it's iron, because I want my baby to grow up big and strong". The mothers go back to their knitting.

After a little while the second mother takes a bottle of pills out of her handbag and takes one. The others ask "what's that?". She replies "it's vitamin C, because I want my baby to be really healthy". The mothers go back to their knitting.

Eventually the third mother takes out a bottle of pills and takes one. "What's that?" ask the others. "Oh, it's thalidomide. I can't get the sleeves on this sweater to work".
Old 01-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Retired Mod

A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles along for the company. One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, Cuddles discovers that he's lost.

Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old poodle thinks, 'Oh, oh! I'm in deep doo-doo now!' Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap the old poodle exclaims loudly, 'Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?'

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. 'Whew!' says the leopard, 'That was close! That old poodle nearly had me!'

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the old poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, 'Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!

Now, the old poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, 'What am I going to do now?', but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old poodle says,

'Where's that damn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!

Moral of this story.... Don't mess with old farts ..... age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! bulldust and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
Rear Admiral

A Pirate walks into a bar...

with a peg leg, a patch over an eye, a parot on his shoulder, a hook for a hand... and a ship's wheel on his... uh... pants.

The Bartender says Wow! You have a ship's wheel on your pants!

And the Pirate replies Aaarrgh! And it's DRIVIN' ME NUTS!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
Retired Mod

A thirsty sailor runs from his boat to the nearest bar and shouts to the bartender, "Give me twenty shots of your best scotch, quick!" The bartender pours out the shots, and the sailor drinks them as fast as he can. The bartender is very impressed and exclaims, "Wow. I never saw anybody drink that fast. "The sailor replies, "Well, you'd drink that fast too, if you had what I have." The bartender says, "Oh my God! What is it? What do you have?"

"Fifty cents!"

Old 01-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
Retired Mod

There's this sailor with a pet parrot. But the parrot swears like an old sea captain. He can swear for five minutes straight without repeating himself! Trouble is, the sailor who owns him is a quiet, conservative type, and this bird's foul mouth is driving him crazy. One day, it gets to be too much, so the sailor grabs the bird by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the sailor locks the bird in a kitchen cabinet. This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches everything inside. Finally the sailor lets the it out. The bird cuts loose with a stream of vulgarities that would make a veteran seaman blush. The sailor is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible racket from inside. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At first the sailor just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. He's opens up the freezer door. The bird calmly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is astounded. He can't understand the transformation that has come over the parrot.

The parrot speaks again, "By the way, what did the chicken do?"

Old 01-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Retired Mod

Seniors boating - don't laugh, you'll be there one day.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZZ_7Rn4jVI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparant"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZZ_7Rn4jVI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparant" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Old 01-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
Boomerang!

Home Port: Oxford, MD
Vessel Name: Boomerang!
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Seniors boating - don't laugh, you'll be there one day.
That's hysterical!! Have seen a couple of those in the past....but a few were new....

I remember stepping off the dock one night...a few years ago....and, ummm, missing.... Think it must have been the Sailor Jerry....LOL...

S/V Boomerang!

1980 Cal 39 Mark II

St Michaels, MD
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #12
Retired Mod

A cabbie picks up a Nun.

She gets into the cab, and notices that the VERY handsome cab driver won't stop staring at her. She asks him why he is staring. He replies: "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you."

She answers, "My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."

"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."

She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic."

The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I'm single and Catholic!"

"OK" the nun says.. "Pull into the next alley."

The nun fulfills his fantasy, with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.

But, when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.

"My dear child," says the nun, "why are you crying?"

"Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."

The nun says, "That's OK. My name is Kevin and I'm going to a Halloween party.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
Admiral

When you reach his age there is only one he notices :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat_Belt.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1228
Old 01-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
Ensign

There was a blonde and a brunette in an elevator. On their way down, they stop to pick up another person also on their way down. When the person got on, the girls noticed that he was pretty cute. Unfortunately he had dandruff. Finally, on the way off of the elevator the two girls let the guy go ahead of them. The brunette turns to the blonde and says "Oh my god! We need to give him Head and Shoulders." The blonde then replies "That's a pretty good idea, but how are we going to give him shoulders?"

www.bitsfortheboat.com
Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 AM   #15

There's a gorilla walking around a jungle. He meets a lion and says "excuse me, I'm a gorilla, and I'm a carpenter by trade, and I've lost one of my tools. It's about 8 inches long and has four points on the end of it, have you seen it?". "No", says the lion, "nothing like that around here".

Later the gorilla meets a tiger. He says to the tiger "excuse me, I'm a gorilla, and I'm a carpenter by trade, and I've lost one of my tools. It's about 8 inches long and has four points on the end of it, have you seen it?". "No", says the tiger, "haven't seen it, but if I see anything like that I'll let you know".

Eventually the gorilla meets a jaguar. He says to the jaguar "excuse me, I'm a gorilla, and I'm a carpenter by trade, and I've lost one of my tools. It's about 8 inches long and has four points on the end of it, have you seen it?". "Yes", says the jaguar, "I saw it. I ate it".

"You ate it? Why would you eat it?" asks the gorilla.

"Because" says the jaguar

"I'm a four-point tool eater jaguar".

(you have to read that last line out aloud)
Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
Rear Admiral

... which reminds me of another joke...

A guy goes to the marina one morning and notices a gorilla swinging from his mast!

So he gets the phone book and looks-up Gorilla Removers in the yellow pages and calls for estimates.

The gorilla remover arrives and meets the boat owner in the parking lot and removes a Shotgun, a Long Pole, a pair of Handcuffs and a Jack Russel Terrier from his van and turns to the guy and says "Sir, I was able to give you a better price than all the others because I'm a one man operation and I'll be needing your assistance to get that gorilla down from your mast... okay?" The captain agrees and asked what he has to do to help.

The removalist says "Okay - We have to work as a team. I'm going to climb the mast and start poking the gorilla with this stick. When the gorilla falls off the spreaders - this here dog is trained to jump-up and bite the gorilla on the crotch as soon as he hits the deck. And when the gorilla bends over and tries to get the dog off him... you slap the cuffs on him, got it? Any questions?"

The boat owner says he thinks he understands... "But - what's the shotgun for?" he asks.

And the gorilla remover says "well... should I fall off the mast first - shoot the dog!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #17

Ah ... mathematics ... my old topic.

A mathematician, a physicist and an engineer were driving through the countryside. They drove past a field full of cows.

"Hmmm", says the engineer. "All cows are brown".

"No", says the physicist, "all of the cows in this paddock are brown".

"No", says the mathematician. "One side of all of the cows in this paddock are brown".
Old 01-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #18

A grasshopper walks into a bar and asks "what cocktails do you have?".

The barman replies "funny you should ask that, but we have a cocktail named after you!"

"What?" says the grasshopper, "Kevin?"
Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #19

One more long one from me for the day.

A bus driver gets himself a new route. It's a school bus, with sesame street characters painted on the side. Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, they're all there.

At the first stop a very overweight young girl gets on. "Hi, I'm Patty" says the girl, and the bus lurches under her weight as she climbs aboard.

At the second stop another very overweight girl gets on. "Hi, I'm Patty" says the girl, and she sits opposite the first, balancing the weight a bit.

At the third stop a small young boy gets on and says "Hi, I'm Ross, and I'm special". He sits down the back of the bus and starts reading his schoolbooks.

At the fourth stop another young boy gets on and says "Hi, I'm Lester". He sits in one of the middle seats and looks out the window as the bus continues on its route.

At the fifth stop another young boy gets one. This one is filthy dirty, barefoot, covered in sores, and smells quite bad. "I'm Steve" says the dirty kid, and sits down near the driver, picking at his toes.

The bus arrives at the school, and out comes the school principal and asks "what's this you have here?"

The driver replies "Two obese Patties, special Ross, Lester, Steve picking his bunions on a sesame street bus!"
Old 02-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #20
Ensign

An old Marine Pilot sat down at the Starbucks, still wearing his old USMC flight suit and leather jacket and ordered a cup of coffee.

As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the pilot and asked, 'Are you a real pilot?'

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life flying planes, first Stearmans, then the early Grummans... flew a Wildcat and Corsair in WWII, and later in the Korean conflict, Banshees and Cougars. I've taught more than 260 people to fly and given rides to hundreds, so I guess I am a pilot, and you, what are you?

She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about naked women.. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about naked women. When I shower, I think about naked women. When I watch TV, I think about naked women. It seems everything makes me think of naked women.'

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a young man sat down on the other side of the old pilot and asked: "are you a real pilot?"

He replied, 'I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian.'

www.bitsfortheboat.com