Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to Robinsvoyage

OK.. took these today... using the timer in Omaha. I've lost 106 lbs in the past 9 months and am down to 275.

Robin

Guys.. this diet is easy.. I suggest you lose the weight now and stop making excuses. It's not worth it. Being fat is stupid and really unattractive. I've got a few more months to go, but have lost 10 inches off my waste. I feel incredible.

Before.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Okay, I bite... what's the diet?

Ottawa, Canada
KevinBarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #3

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

I don't want to know what the diet is--I just want to congratulate you on your weight loss and encourage you to continue losing!

I've spent a lifetime of yo-yo weights (up 50 lbs and down 50 lbs...) and know many good diets--they all work when employed properly. Sailing is a sport that is soooo much easier to partake of when one is fit and fairly light weight. Just getting on and off the boat from the dingy--if you weigh 100 lbs less, that's 100 lbs of stuff that you don't have to haul up onto the boat! And, 100 lbs more that your dingy can take in provisions, water, etc.

Keep on going! yea!

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to Robinsvoyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBarr View Post
Okay, I bite... what's the diet?
I'm not ready to go into great detail.. as I'm not finished, however, it can be said that I have seriously lowered my intake of both carbohydrates and calories, spread my meals out, made 3/4 meals liquid at a set calorie rate of around 150 with 1 Net carb. Then the 4th meal, which is usually the second or third is generally carb free or very, very low carb but solid food. Then twice a week the solid meal is a large salad like a cobb or casear with no croutons and grilled chicken or tuna-steak. I have quit drinking and am exercising by walking, doing situps, pushups, and cycling. Every two or three months the weight loss plateus for a week or so, and I use the one solid meal to endulge in something I've been missing like pizza, french fries, or a pint of Ben and Jerry's, but otherwise stayon the diet as usual. This seems to cause my body to "reset" and the weight loss resumes IMMEDIATELY, normally I drop 5-8 lbs after a reset, but generally I am losing around 11 lbs a month... So all is well. My doctor is very pleased, and surprised, and I feel wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbopeep View Post
I don't want to know what the diet is--I just want to congratulate you on your weight loss and encourage you to continue losing!

I've spent a lifetime of yo-yo weights (up 50 lbs and down 50 lbs...) and know many good diets--they all work when employed properly. Sailing is a sport that is soooo much easier to partake of when one is fit and fairly light weight. Just getting on and off the boat from the dingy--if you weigh 100 lbs less, that's 100 lbs of stuff that you don't have to haul up onto the boat! And, 100 lbs more that your dingy can take in provisions, water, etc.

Keep on going! yea!
You're right about sailing. When I lived off Catalina Island aboard my previous sailboat, s/v Hard Knots, I lost 30 lbs and wasn't even trying. I sailed every day, walked up to Zane Grey's mansion, and then back through town.. ate modestly during the day, but didn't limit carbs or calories per say. I didn't even know I'd lost the weight until after the voyage and I had a DOT physical for work.