Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #61
Lieutenant

Home Port: Stockholm

How many sails did you get with the boat when you bought it? I hope they're in fairly good condition for your sake. I got one mainsail, two jibs, two genuas and one small storm sail no spinnaker ... did you get a spinnaker? my sails old used but in fair condition but before going cruising I will have to buy new ones. I forget do have a heater onboard?

Old 08-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #62
Lieutenant

Joe , like I said I am not sure about my water tank , could be smaller. I am going to change the batteries anyway , and yes one is to start motor. I have one mainsail and one genoa . They are old , but in a good condition. I have a small heater on board , but I wont need that , because I want to sail south. And I have an inverter ( new one) from 12v to 220v. I am waiting for my friend call to now exact the day I will be there. I will let you now in advanced. Florin.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #63
Lieutenant

HThanks, ok good please do//
Old 08-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #64
Lieutenant

Of course I will let you now! It will be after 20 of august , that is for sure. Me and my friend ( who also have a boat in Angelholm , A Cutlass 27 ) we try to transport the both boats on the same trailer. That will be cheap for us. I think you understood my position. Florin.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #65
Lieutenant

20/8 so far is good for me. Thanks for letting me know. Glad to learn you'll be able to lower your transport costs. I certainly understand agree on that Stay well //Joe
Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #66
Lieutenant

Hi Joe! It will be after 20 , thats all I now. I was waiting all my life for this moment , so I can wait few more days. When I will be there I will call you. My number is 0040721885741.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #67
Lieutenant

Patience is a golden virtue ok, ring +46704272621 when you're on your way//Joe
Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #68
Lieutenant

Ok Joe. I will call you. Florin.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #69
Lieutenant

Good. BTW I know of another storfidra that is rebuilt really well for cruising. I saw her once years ago tied up in södertalje. Now I've made initial contact with her skipper and will go down to her home berth in Kristianstad (thats' south sweden) to take pics. I'll send you some as I know you'll be glad to see how shes' fixed up//Joe
Old 08-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #70
Lieutenant

That will be great Joe! Of course I will be glad with the pictures. Thanks a lot Joe! Florin.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #71
Lieutenant

Hello Joe! Did you have the pictures?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #72
Lieutenant

My was mobile phone with all the pictures was stolen, so I plan to back and take some more pics with my with my new mbl phn//Joe
Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #73
Lieutenant

Florin, don't you wonder too about what happened to the guy that started this thread? He never re-posted pics of his el-motor. I'm still really curious about that mtr.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #74
Lieutenant

Sorry about your phone. Of course I was thinking about Clay , but still we have not news from him. Hope he is ok.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #75
Lieutenant

Re phone I managed to keep my old number on new one anyway. Ditto re Clay. Re your plan to arrive Jönköping now in the end of august is it still going work, or?
Old 08-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #76
Lieutenant

I am still waiting , I hope I will be able to come now. After that , in a autumn or winter it will be more difficult .
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #77
Lieutenant

Yeah, you want to get it done before the ice and snow etc. Have you considered sailing down thru the canals in central europe out into the mediterainean and then black sea to your home port? Then there's the Göta canal over to St Petersburg and the Niva river down to the black sea... it'd take awhile, but you could do it in stages,or?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #78
Lieutenant

Joe , I was dreaming about that voyage ..... But , like I said it will be at least six weeks , another two crew members , and of course more expensive . I can not find a trailer to rent here ( is not like in Sweden , or any country with normal sailing traditions , we are very stupid ! ) and to buy a new one is about 3500 euros! To much for me. Beside I have to pay now 2000 sek , for the marina , plus taxes ......
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #79
Lieutenant

So....I really dont now what I have to do for the moment....
Old 08-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #80
Lieutenant

My plan was to bring the boat this year back in my yard , work on it , modifications , wc , solar panels , etc....and next year sailing to Greece , to the island Zakynthos , Ionian See , my second home.....I was living there for 16 years.....More then home to me .....