Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

C'marn the SHARKS!

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Admiral

Looks like someone is favouring the local Natal team.

I am hoping the Stormers will win Saturday's match and show you guys how it is done.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
Admiral

The Latest News here :
Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Admiral

16/17 February 2008 :--

Weekend summaries:

Canterbury 34 (Mose Tuiali'i 2, Brad Thorn, Daniel Carter tries; Daniel Carter 4 conversions, 2 penalties), ACT 3 (Julian Huxley penalty). HT, 10-3.

Queensland 22 (John Roe 2, Clinton Schifcofske tries; Schifcofske penalty, 2 conversions), Otago 16 (Adam Thomson try; Mike Delany conversion; Paul Williams 2 penalties, Daniel Bowden penalty). HT, 12-3.

Sharks 17 (Jacques Botes, Stefan Terblanche tries; Ruan Pienaar 2 conversions; Francois Steyn penalty), Western Force 10 (Luke Holmes try; Matt Giteau conversion; Cameron Shepherd, penalty). HT, 7-3.

Auckland 32 (Danny Lee, Troy Flavell, Joe Rokocoko, Ben Atiga tries; Nick Evans 3 conversions, 2 penalties), Waikato 14 (Mils Muliana try; Stephen Donald 3 penalties). HT, 8-11.

New South Wales 20 (Lachlan Turner 2, Rocky Elsom tries; Kurtley Beale penalty, conversion), Wellington 3 (Jimmy Gopperth penalty). HT, 10-3.

Bulls 16 (Bryan Habana try; Derick Hougaard conversion, 3 penalties), Stormers 9 (Peter Grant 3 penalties). HT: 7-9.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
Bulls 16 (Bryan Habana try; Derick Hougaard conversion, 3 penalties), Stormers 9 (Peter Grant 3 penalties). HT: 7-9.
I am drowning my sorrows! My heart is broken and my brain addled. Going to work tomorrow will be a welcome relief.

My commiserations to all of the Western Cape // Stephen

www.nausikaa.org.uk

Old 02-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
I am drowning my sorrows! My heart is broken and my brain addled. Going to work tomorrow will be a welcome relief.

My commiserations to all of the Western Cape // Stephen
Relax , eventually time will heal !!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
Admiral

Ben Perkins of Sports Australia.com has this to say about the next round he could be a biased!

2008 Rugby Super 14 – Round Four:

Highlanders vs Hurricanes

Friday evening 5:30pm (AEDT) @ Dunedin

I feel a bit sorry for the locals, as they have heart and talent but they are playing against a team who have just run into form and who are mentally going to be feeling good about themselves.

Jimmy Gopperth played his best game last week and Peri Weepu is getting fitter. If it’s dry the Hurricanes should win by between 15-20 points. The Highlanders are also getting on a losing streak so need good coaching therapy.

NSW Waratahs vs Brumbies

Friday night 7:40pm (AEDT) @ Sydney

This is fascinating! the ‘Tahs full of names but little combination. The Brumbies on a high with their kids playing with love and life for each other!

This has historically been a grinding win for the home ground team but I can’t escape the fact that the Brumbies are playing as a team right now and the Waratahs are not.

I am going for the Brumbies in an upset. I was very alarmed when Lote Tuqiri ran towards the line and kicked needlessly away.

The invisible golden thread combining the Waratahs is currently missing. George Smith will need to be brilliant at the breakdowns. Brumbies by six points.

Bulls vs Lions

Saturday morning 4:05am (AEDT) @ Pretoria

The Bulls showed something last week but caved in at the death. The lucky thing for them is the Lions are roar-less and have few sharp nails.

However, the Bulls go in mentally drained after two hard fought games. The local fans who are still on a high will certainly help them get over the line in a must-win match for the reigning Super 14 champions. Bulls by 12+

Chiefs vs Cheetahs

Saturday evening 5:35pm (AEDT) @ Hamilton

This is kick start time for the Chiefs, who were badly unbalanced last week by late withdrawals. They were right in the match until an arrogant winger, Lelia Magala, took his eyes off the ball twice which cost them dearly.

The ‘Canes called Iraq and the Surge bore fruit. Siviatu is a winger not fullback. Captain Gibbs is out, but he is only a forward, and this game will be won in the backs.

The Cheetahs will be sore after their plane trip and the Chiefs will run into form with a full team back on deck. The Cheetahs are not legless and run the ball from side to side. The Chiefs by 10+

Queensland Reds vs Stormers

Saturday night 8:00pm (AEDT) @ Brisbane

Team psychologists should be consulted to tip this one. When I start thinking about it I stop breathing. I mean who would know?

The Reds rabble against an under strength Stormers outfit, will the Reds raise one last gasp? Will they get Obama in for a ‘REV UP’.

They need inspiration; they are on the verge of oblivion. They are on a tight rope, in a wild wind with no net. No Burger for the Stormers hurts them but they were not that disgraceful against the Crusaders.

Lottery winners can bet on this, Latham slapping the ball over the line was pure theatre, not rugby, and a terrible sign of what is going on in Reds Land.

No I would not tip the Reds in a food fight; Stormers 20-18? Stormers with a head start is worth a small consideration ... I mean where are the Reds tries coming from?

The Stormers restricted the Crusaders to only two tries. That’s a good form line. Even though I often get the Reds selection wrong, I will take the Stormers with a head start for something.

Sharks vs Blues

Sunday morning @ 4:10am (AEDT) @ Durban

Great game this. The Blues would have been saving themselves for this one.

The Sharks bit late last week and that may have awoken them from their sleep-walk. However, I still feel the Blues are more exciting and the pace of their game will be faster than the meandering Sharks can handle.

The Blues will want to catch the Sharks out wide where the Blues are deadly dangerous. The odds are short and in my opinion off no value, that said I expect the Blues to win by 10 or more even without their fullback.

Western Force vs Crusaders

Sunday evening 7:10pm (AEDT) @ Perth

Both teams meet, having just been to South Africa, in the special Sunday evening timeslot. The Force will be buoyed with winning two of the opening three matches so far this season and, at home, will be weary of an opponent in ominous form.

The Crusaders are a 40-point better team but the travel will only see them win by 20. If Dean's men take the Force on in the forwards it will be like a demolition derby with the Force going backwards and being bumped around at a rate of thuds.

I doubt Deans will want to involve Matt Giteau too much in his “Attack Him” plans as any injury to the star player would not prove beneficial to his interests later on in the year.

The Force last week were very ordinary, all signs point to the Crusaders winning by as much as they want in this encounter.

Advised bets for this week... Hurricanes, Bulls and Crusaders all up.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
Admiral

Super 14

Friday, March 7

Highlanders 6 Hurricanes 10

Waratahs 24 Brumbies 17

Bulls 31 Lions 17

Saturday, March 8

Chiefs 22 Cheetahs 20

Reds 16 Stormers 34

Sharks 22 Blues 17
Old 03-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
Admiral

Check out the teams ahead of this week's latest Super 14 clashes.

Teams for the fifth round of Super 14 rugby matches this weekend (kickoffs NZ time):

FRIDAY

Chiefs v Stormers, Hamilton, 7.35pm:

Chiefs: Sosene Anesi, Lelia Masaga, Mils Muliaina (captain), Richard Kahui, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Stephen Donald, Brendon Leonard, Liam Messam, Tom Harding, Faifili Levave, Kevin O'Neill, Toby Lynn, Ben May, Tom Willis, Simms Davison. Reserves: Vern Kamo, Ben Castle, Hayden Hopgood, Sione Lauaki, Tanerau Latimer, David Bason, Callum Bruce.

Stormers: Conrad Jantjes, Tonderai Chavhanga, Gcobani Bobo, Jean de Villiers (captain), Sireli Naqelevuki, Peter Grant, Ricky Januarie, Luke Watson, Francois Louw, Schalk Burger, Andries Bekker, Adriaan Fondse, Brian Mujati, Schalk Brits, JD Moller. Reserves: Deon Fourie, Brok Harris, Ross Skeate, Robbie Diack, Bolla Conradie, Gio Aplon, Dylan des Fountain.

ACT Brumbies v Hurricanes, Canberra, 9.40pm

Brumbies: Mark Gerrard, Peter Playford, Sanualio Afeaki, Tyrone Smith, Francis Fainifo, Christian Lealiifano, Patrick Phibbs, Stephen Hoiles, George Smith (captain), Mitchell Chapman, Mark Chisholm, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Salesi Ma'afu, Saia Faingaa, Nic Henderson. Reserves: Huia Edmonds, Ben Alexander, Peter Kimlin, Julian Salvi, Joshua Holmes, Matt Toomua, Tim Wright

Hurricanes: Cory Jane, Shannon Paku, Conrad Smith, Tamati Ellison, Hosea Gear, Jimmy Gopperth, Piri Weepu, Rodney So'oailo, Chris Masoe, Jerry Collins, Jason Eaton, Craig Clarke, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore, Jacob Ellison. Reserves: Hikawera Elliott, Tim Fairbrother, Jeremy Thrush, Scott Waldrom, Alby Mathewson, Wille Ripia, Tane Tu'ipulotu.

SATURDAY

Blues v Western Force, Albany, 5.30pm

Blues: Ben Atiga, Anthony Tuitavake, Isaia Toeava, Benson Stanley, Joe Rokocoko, Nick Evans, Danny Lee, Nick Williams, Justin Collins, Jerome Kaino, Troy Flavell (captain), Anthony Boric, John Afoa, Kven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Tom McCartney, Nick White, Kurtis Haiu, Onosai Tololima-Auva'a, Taniela Moa, Rudi Wulf, George Pisi

Force: Cameron Shepherd, Scott Staniforth, Ryan Cross, Lachlan MacKay, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, James Stannard, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Scott Fava, Nathan Sharpe (captain), Tom Hockings, AJ Whalley, Tai McIsaac, Troy Takiari. Reserves: Luke Holmes, Pek Cowan, Sam Wykes, Tamaiti Horua, Chris O'Young, Scott Daruda, Nick Cummins.

Crusaders v Cheetahs, Christchurch, 7.35pm

Crusaders: Leon MacDonald, Scott Hamilton, Casey Laulala, Stephen Brett, Sean Maitland, Daniel Carter, Andrew Ellis, Nasi Manu, Richard McCaw (captain), Reuben Thorne, Michael Paterson, Brad Thorn, Ben Franks, Ti'i Paulo, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Corey Flynn, Campbell Johnstone, Ali Williams, Mose Tuiali'i. Kahn Fotuali'i, Caleb Ralph, Kieran Read

Cheetahs: Hennie Daniller; Eddie Fredericks, JW Jonker, Hendrik Meyer, Jongi Nokwe, Conrad Barnard, Tewis de Bruyn, Kabamba Floors, Darron Nell, Hendro Scholtz (captain), David de Villiers, Flip van der Merwe, Kobus Calldo, Richardt Strauss, Ronnie Uys. Reserves: Adriaan Strauss, Wian du Preez, Barend Pieterse, Duanne Vermeulen, Tobie Botes, Falie Oelschig, Meyer Bosman.

Queensland Reds v Bulls, Brisbane, 10.05pm

Reds: Chris Latham, Clinton Schifcofske, Morgan Turinui, Berrick Barnes, Peter Hynds, Quade Cooper, Sam Cordingley (captain), Leroy Houston, Poutasi Luafutu, John Roe, James Horwill, Van Humphries, Dayna Edwards, Sean Hardman, Greg Holmes. Reserves: Stephen Moore, Rodney Blake, Ed O'Donoghue, David Croft, Ben Lucas, Brando Va'aulu, Scott Higginbotham.

Bulls: Morne Steyn, Akona Ndungane, JP Nel, Wynand Olivier, Bryan Habana, Derick Hougaard, Fourie Du Preez (captain), Pedrie Wannenburg, Wikus van Heerden, Danie Rossouw, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Bakkies Botha, Rayno Gerber, Derick Kuun, Gurthro Steenkamp. Reserves: James van der Walt, Werner Kruger, Dean Greyling, Deon Stegmann, Heini Adams, Stephanus Christiaan Dippenaar, Dewald Johan Potgieter

SUNDAY

Lions v Sharks, Johannesburg, 4am

Lions: to be named

Sharks: Stefan Terblanche, Odwa Ndungane, Waylon Murray, Bradley Barritt, JP Pietersen, Francois Steyn, Rory Kockott, Ryan Kankowski, Jacques Botes, Keegan Daniel, Johann Muller (captain), Albert van den Berg, BJ Botha, Bismarck du Plessis, Tendai Mtawarira. Reserves: Craig Bruce Burden, Jannie du Plessis, AJ Venter, Jean Roy Deysel, Ruan Pienaar, Frederic Michalak, Adrian Abraham Jacobs
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
Admiral

And at this end of the planet Wales and France clash at the weekend. Now I am looking forward to that.

Aye // Stephen

www.nausikaa.org.uk

Old 03-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
Admiral

Force stun Blues for first win in NZ

March 15, 2008 - 6:55PM

A halftime spray has stirred the Western Force onto arguably the best win in their short history, a 27-17 victory over the Auckland Blues - their first ever triumph on New Zealand soil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand: Scott Hamilton and Casey Laulala each scored two tries and Daniel Carter contributed 15 points as the Canterbury Crusaders beat the Cheetahs 55-7 in a Super 14 rugby match on Saturday Mar 15.

Canterbury scored five tries to lead 33-0 at halftime and four more in the second half to remain unbeaten through five competition rounds.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #12
Retired Mod

And the Cheetahs and Bulls got HAMMERED today!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #13
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
And the Cheetahs and Bulls got HAMMERED today!
Someone has doctored their orange juice !!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #14
Admiral

Rugby: Teams named for sixth round of Super 14

5:00PM Friday March 21, 2008

* Rugby: Blues seeking to show a bit more patience

* Rugby: Evans passed fit, Rokocoko benched

Updated teams for the sixth round of Super 14 rugby matches this weekend (kickoffs NZ time):

FRIDAY

* Crusaders v NSW Waratahs, Christchurch, 7.35pm

Crusaders: Leon MacDonald, Scott Hamilton, Casey Laulala, Tim Bateman, Kade Poki, Daniel Carter, Andrew Ellis, Mose Tuiali'i, Richard McCaw (captain), Kieran Read, Ali Williams, Brad Thorn, Greg Somerville, Corey Flynn, Ben Franks. Reserves: Ti'i Paulo, Wyatt Crockett, Michael Paterson, Nasi Manu, Kahn Fotuali'i, Caleb Ralph, Sean Maitland.

Waratahs: Lachie Turner, Alfi Mafi, Ben Jacobs, Tom Carter, Lote Tuqiri, Kurtley Beale, Brett Sheehan, Wycliff Palu, Phil Waugh (captain), Rocky Elsom, Dan Vickerman, Dean Mumm, Matt Dunning, Adam Freier, Sekope Kepu. Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Al Baxter, Will Caldwell, Beau Robinson, Josh Valentine, Sam Harris, Rob Horne.

* ACT Brumbies v Cheetahs, Canberra, 9.40pm

Brumbies: Mark Gerrard, Peter Playford, Sanualio Afeaki, Tyrone Smith, Francis Fainifo, Christian Lealiifano, Joshua Holmes, Stephen Hoiles, George Smith (captain), Mitchell Chapman, Mark Chisholm, Peter Kimlin, Salesi Ma'afu, Huia Edmonds, Nic Henderson. Reserves: John Ulugia, Guy Shepherdson, Alister Campbell, Julian Salvi, Patrick Phibbs, Afusipa Taumoepeau, Matt Toomua.

Cheetahs: Hennie Daniller, Eddie Fredericks, JW Jonker, Meyer Bosman, Jongi Nokwe, Conrad Barnard, Noel Oelschig, Duane Vermeulen, Darron Nell, Heinrich Brussow, Barend Pieterse, Rory Duncan, Kobus Calldo, Adriaan Strauss, Wian du Preez. Reserves: Conrad Strauss, CJ van der Linde, David de Villiers, Kabamba Floors, Tewis de Bruyn, Jacques-Louis Potgieter, Hendrik Meyer.

SATURDAY

* Highlanders v Western Force, Queenstown, 2.30pm

Highlanders: Highlanders: James Wilson, Paul Williams, Niva Ta'auso, Aaron Bancroft, Fetu'u Vainikolo, Daniel Bowden, Jimmy Cowan, Steven Setephano, Tim Boys, Craig Newby (captain), Tom Donnelly, Hoani MacDonald, Chris King, Jason Macdonald, Jamie Mackintosh. Reserves: David Hall, Keith Cameron, Hayden Triggs, Adam Thomson, Toby Morland, Mike Delany, Brett Mather.

Force: Cameron Shepherd, Scott Staniforth, Ryan Cross, Lachlan MacKay, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Chris O'Young, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Tamaiti Horua, Nathan Sharpe (captain), Tom Hockings, AJ Whalley, Tai McIsaac, Pekahou Cowan. Reserves: Luke Holmes, Troy Takiari, Sam Wykes, Scott Fava, James Stannard, Scott Daruda, Nick Cummins.

* Blues v Stormers, Auckland, 5.30pm

Blues: George Pisi, Anthony Tuitavake, Isaia Toeava, Benson Stanley, Rudi Wulf, Nick Evans, Danny Lee, Nick Evans, Daniel Braid, Jerome Kaino, Troy Flavell (captain), Kurtis Haiu, John Afoa, Keven Mealamu, Nick White. Reserves: Tom McCartney, Tony Woodcock, Bryn Evans, Justin Collins, Taniela Moa, Ben Atiga, Joe Rokocoko.

Next page

Stormers: Conrad Jantjes, Tonderai Chavhanga, Gcobani Bobo, Jean de Villiers (captain), Sireli Naqelevuki, Peter Grant, Ricky Januarie, Luke Watson, Francois Louw, Schalk Burger, Ross Skeate, Adriaan Fondse, Brian Mujati, Schalk Brits, JD Moller. Reserves: Deon Fourie, Brok Harris, Andries Bekker, Robbie Diack, Conrad Hoffman, Gio Aplon, Tony Brown.

* Chiefs v Bulls, Rotorua, 7.35pm

Chiefs: Mils Muliaina (captain), Lelia Masaga, Dwayne Sweeney, Callum Bruce, Viliame Waqaseduadua, Stephen Donald, Brendon Leonard, Sione Lauaki, Tanerau Latimer, Liam Messam, Kevin O'Neill, Toby Lynn, Ben Castle, Tom Willis, Simms Davison. Reserves: Aled de Malmanche, Ben May, Jay Williams, Faifili Levave, David Bason, Murray Williams, Roimata Hansell-Pune.

Bulls: Morne Steyn, Akona Ndungane, JP Nel, Wynand Olivier, Danwel Demas, Derick Hougaard, Fourie du Preez (captain), Pedrie Wannenburg, Wikus van Heerden, Deon Stegmann, Danie Rossouw, Bakkies Botha, Rayno Gerber, Derick Kuun, Gurthro Steenkamp. Reserves: Bandise Maku, Werner Kruger, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Hilton Lobberts, Dewald Potgieter, Heini Adams, Stephan Dippenaar.

SUNDAY

* Lions v Queensland Reds, Johannesburg, 4am

Lions: Louis Ludik, Dusty Noble, Jaco Pretorius, Walter Venter, Rayno Benjamin, Jaco van Schalkwyk, Jano Vermaak, Joe van Niekerk, Ernst Joubert (captain), Cobus Grobbelaar, Gerhard Mostert, Anton van Zyl, Ross Geldenhuys, Willie Wepener, Heinke van der Merwe. Reserves: Ethienne Reynecke, JC Janse van Rensburg, Franco van der Merwe, Willem Alberts, Chris Jonck, Rudi Vogt,. Jannie Boshoff.

Reds: Chris Latham, Clinton Schifcofske, Morgan Turinui, Berrick Barnes, Peter Hynes, Quade Cooper, Sam Cordingley (captain), Leroy Houston, Poutasi Luafutu, John Roe, James Horwill, Van Humphries, Dayna Edwards, Sean Hardman, Greg Holmes. Reserves: Stephen Moore, Rodney Blake, Ed O'Donoghue, David Croft, Ben Lucas, Brando Va'aulu, Scott Higginbotham.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #15
Retired Mod

Sharks - 47 - (6 tries)

Chiefs - 25

Sharks to play Waratah's in Sydney (semi-final)

Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Sharks - 47 - (6 tries)

Chiefs - 25

Sharks to play Waratah's in Sydney (semi-final)
This will be the game to decide who gets beaten by the Crusaders in the final.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #17
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by delatbabel View Post
This will be the game to decide who gets beaten by the Crusaders in the final.
Isn't the Hurricane season predicted to start this day ?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #18
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
Isn't the Hurricane season predicted to start this day ?
Forecast not exactly right !

Saturday 24th May 2008

Super 14

Crusaders 33 Hurricanes 22

Match Report

Tries : MacDonald 2, Read

Con : Carter 3

Pen : Carter 4

------------------------------------

Tries : Guildford, Thrush, Tialata

Con : Weepu 2

Pen : Weepu