Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Ensign

I have previously cleared into a Male. I needed to pay an agent aroun $US50 + a few other small fees. I have attached the latest list of fees payable to clear into Male. The agency fee is now 200 Euro!. Does anyone know an agent that does not charge so much.

Thanks for contacting me. Please find my tariff and the information given below.[/color] Tarrif:

(a) Agency fee: EURO 200.00 (For 30 days) From 31st day onwards EURO 8.00 per day.

( b ) Entrance fee: EURO 4.00

© Port State Control Permit: EURO 15.00

(d) Anchorage fee: (1) From day 1 to day 15 free. (2) Day 16 to day 45 @ EURO 3.00 per day. (3) From day 46 to day 90 @ EURO 5.00 per day.

(e) Derating Exemption Certificate (Health Certificate): EURO 4.00 (Applicable if you don't have this certificate)

(f) Boat hire for clearance: EURO 50.00

(g) Ministry of Toursim fee for cruising permit: EURO 280.00 (Applicable if you move out of the anchorge for cruising / Requires 2 days to obtain.)

(h) Crew & Passenger Sign on fee:EURO 20.00 per person.

(i) Crew & Passenger Sign off fee: EURO 20.00 per person.
(j) Tourism tax of EURO 6.00 per occupants of the yacht per night. (If you don't have a seaman book or skippers certificate to prove that you are a crew)( (j) You and your boat will be allowed to stay in the Maldives for 30 days and further 15 days can be extended for each crew a visa fee of Euro 42.00 for 30 days and for the boat of 25 meters below @ Euro 14.50 per day.

If you are satisfied with my rates and would like to use my service please forward me information on following points in order to process formalities.

1. TYPE OF VESSEL: Pleasure yacht

2.. NAME OF THE BOAT:

3.. FLAG:

4.. REGISTRATION NO:

5.. DATE OF REGISTRATION:

6.. PORT OF REGISTRATION:

7.. YEAR BUILT:

8.. GROSS TONNAGE:

9.. NET TONNAGE:

10.. OVERALL LENGH:

11.. MOULDED BREATH:

12.. DEAD WEIGHT:

13.. CALL SIGN:

14.. SPEED OF THE VESSEL:

15.. NO OF CEWS:

16.. NAME OF THE MASTER & NATIONALITY:

17.. DEPARTURE DATE FROM LAST PORT:

18.. LAST PORT:

19.. EXPECTED DATE OF ARRIVAL:

20.. LAST THREE PORTS STOPPED BEFORE ARRIVAL TO MALE':

21.. NAME OF THE OWNER:

Information:

Anchoring at Male' port:

Come to the waiting anchorage area of Male' , which is located in Western side of Male' and Eastern side of Villgili Island , GPS Position 4°10.285 North & 73°29.784 East, depth 18 meters. Please put an extra rope to the teeth of the anchor to prevent achor from getting stuck in the rocks. Once inward clearance is completed you are allowed to proceed to the safe anchorage, which is located north of the airport lagoon, where there is a ferry service to Male' at every half an hour. Ferry fare is EURO 0.29 per pax.

What is the clearance procedure?

1) As soon you arrive the gent will come along with the Maldivian Coast Guard Officials for security clearance.

2) Once the Security Clearance by Coast Guard is over the agent will come along with officials from Customs, Port Health, and Emigration for inward clearance.

3) Once inward clearance is over, if you wish you can go to the anchorage of Hulhulale', which is the best anchorage, which is situated in the lagoon north of the airport island.
[/color] 4) Please do not

4) Documents need for clearance fomalites:-

(a) Passports

( b ) Clearance Certificate issued from the last port

© Crew list (07 copies)
(d) Copy of the boat registration (02 Copies) (e) List of alcoholic beverages on board (01 copy)

5) Please keep updating your date & time of arrival. Please call us "AMSCO" on VHF channel 16 while you are in VHF range.

Is it possible to arrive after dark & during holidays?

- Yes it is possible, but entering to port is restricted from 2300 hours to 0600 hours. Customs, Port Heatlh and Immigration is open from 0730 hrs to 2100 hrs during week days. Friday is (weekend holiday) but concerned offices are openened from 1430 hrs to 2100 hrs.
[/color]

Departure Clearance:
[color="#000080"]You can remain the boat in the lagoon and bring the following docs for departure clearance one day ahead of your scheduled departure date. It is advisable to bring the docs before 1000 hrs so that clearance can be issued to you around 1300 hrs.
[color="#000080"](1) Passports
(2) Security Clearance Form (Issued by the Coast Guard on the day you arrived)(3) Inter Island Travelling Permit (Given to you by the agent)

Prohibited Items:

a) Dogs & Pigs are prohibited to bring to Maldives. If you have any of them please do not come or you have to pay a fine of EURO 300.00

( b ) If you need to import spare parts, and other stuff etc for your boat please use the address of following style. The items import in the name of the boat is import tax free.

© Spare guns & fire arms will be taken away from your boat by the Coast Guard and will be given back to you at the time of your departure.

(Your boat name......)

C/o. Alliance Management Services Company Pvt Ltd (Amsco)

Filaa Building, 3rd Floor, # 03 - 01

Koli Umaru Manik Goalhi,

Ahmadhee Bazaaru

Male'

Maldives

Mobile: + 960 7786444