Follow-up on my email to email@example.com
I've received a further reply, which is reproduced here in its entirety:
"1. Herewith I send to you requirements for applying CAIT.
2. Yes, Indonesian government has new regulation asking for a bond for
yachts. But this is for yacht who are interested to stay in Indonesia for
more than 6 months and doing a charter business. The port who is implemented
this regulation is only Kupang in Timor. So for yacht coming from Darwin, I
suggest not to enter Kupang but other port.
Thank you for posting this e-mail to your forum and best regards from me,
Attachment is copied here:
Requirements for applying Clearance Approval for Indonesian Territory (CAIT) :
1. Copy passport of all crew. You may send it by mail or email, not by fax.
2. A passport photo of the captain by mail or email.
3. Copy of Yacht certificate/Yacht registration and call sign of the boat.
4. Last port of call before entering Indonesia
5. First port of call after leaving Indonesia
6. Itinerary and date of visit
7. If your visit is for more than 1 month and maximum 3 months, we will issue a sponsor letter addressed to Indonesian Embassy/Consulate to request Social and Cultural Visit Visa.
8. Agency fee is Rp.1.600.000,- (for boat not more than 20 m length) and sponsor letter
For boat more than 20 m length, agency fee is Rp 2.500.000,-. More than 40 m, agency fee is Rp 3.500.000,-
You may transfer agency fee through Western Union to :
Name : Arlytha Alda
Address : Semanggi Apartment # 2415
Jl.Gatot Subroto Kav 53B
After you have made the transfer, please inform us Money Transfer Control Number ( MTCN ) of Western Union.
9. Please inform us where of Indonesian Embassy/Consulate you are going to request your visa from
10. We need to know where we have to send your original CAIT and sponsor letter to. After knowing, we will quote to you, the courier cost to mail the original CAIT and sponsor letter to you.
11. We need 20 days to process your CAIT after receiving documents and payment
As of this date, October 19, 2007, exchange rates for Indonesia Rupiah*(IDR) are (I left out the small change, rounding up or down as appropriate):
USD $1.00 =*9009*IDR
AUD $1.00 = 8,087 IDR
EURO 1.00 = 12,877 IDR