This just posted on the Bali Marina webpage:
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Indonesian Custom regulation of temporary import for foreign boat
The Indonesian Custom has enforced their regulation of temporary import for foreign boat at most country ports, including Bali. To help cruiser with this formalities, Bali Marina offer their service to be a local sponsor by putting a guarantee letter to the Bali Custom office so yachties or cruiser do not have to pay Custom bond. There are conditions should apply to this :
* Cruiser or yacht owner must do check-in and out of Benoa port, Bali.
* After yacht arrival, all passports must be submit to and hold by Bali Marina until the day of check out (leave Indonesia). Passports will be given back to the passport owner on the check-out day.
* For boat who want to stay more than 14-days in Indonesia
To do temporary import, there are required documents needed such as :
* 4 photos of the boat from 4 directions (front,back, left and right)
* 1 photos of inside the boat.
* Performa invoice (value of the boat)
* 1 copy of captain passport
* 1 copy CAIT
* 1 copy boat registration
* Temporary import permit from Custom office
* Appointed letter from boat owner to agent (Bali Marina) to conduct temporary import procedure on their behalf.
It is getting more and more difficult to cruise Indonesia!
: Most sections