Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > SE Asia, The Red Sea & Indian Ocean > Regional Discussion Topics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
Admiral

Hi,

The excellent writeup by Cruiser Bob McKain - now swallowed the anchor in Langkawi Malaysia is to be found in the attached Word .doc : DANGA_BAY_9_sept.doc

The document is supported by a series of photos taken by Bob of the bay, the jetties, pontoons and on shore facilities :- see the album - Danga Bay in the member's gallery - (see the top of the page "Gallery")

Richard

Old 08-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: SV Eagle Spirit
Hi, I agree the articial written is very good however I have been unable to find any contact information on the web for Danga Bay Marina and my reply to the writer came back to me as unknown email address,have you any information as it seems a good option rather than go around to Seban cove.

Regards

Ross Monty

Old 08-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty4271 View Post
Hi, I agree the articial written is very good however I have been unable to find any contact information on the web for Danga Bay Marina and my reply to the writer came back to me as unknown email address,have you any information as it seems a good option rather than go around to Seban cove.

Regards

Ross Monty
Hello Ross Monty ,

Check the very first line of the word document and you should find :-

"Danga Bay, is now available for free anchoring in a quiet inlet off Johor Straits"

The jetties and pontoons to the facilities are free to tie your dinghy up to - water was free - there was a guy who would bring diesel down to the pontoons in drums - which you could decant into jerries. Otherwise to compare it to Sabana - the advantage = easy access to Singapore and Jahore Bahru and FREE. Restaurants - facilties for children etccc

The document is supported by a series of photos taken by Bob of the bay, the jetties, pontoons and on shore facilities :- see the album - Danga Bay in the member's gallery - (see the top of the page "Gallery")

Regards

Richard
Old 12-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

I cannot find the photos in the Gallery?

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I cannot find the photos in the Gallery?
Other original images are available if required
Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Lieutenant

Home Port: No such thing
Vessel Name: Charisma

Good day everyone,

Incredibly enough Danga Bay Marina is still free. That is a Berth, not an anchorage. However they recently stopped taking boat in as the marina is expecting a large number of boat fropm a Rally (or race, depending on the source). By November 2011 the marina is rumored to be free again. Note powewr is chageable at 0.50 ringgit a KW, water is free and if the boat is left empty there is a security charge.

Fair Wind,
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: kluang

Hello everybody,
Could you tell me if the anchoring at Tanga Bay Johore is still free of charge today, 8/08/2013?

I Schedule to purchase a boat an searching for a place where to Anchor it for few days?

Thank you for your informations.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Quoting from here:

Johor Bahru — Noonsite

"Yachts can also anchor in 4.0 to 7.0 meters with excellent holding in mud/clay at Lat 01.28.47N and Long.103.43.37E just off Danga Bay Marina for free. A member of the marine staff will come out in a dinghy to welcome you and give you a choice of the best places to anchor. A floating pontoon dinghy dock is directly in front of the anchorage and has 24/7 security. Free water is also available at the dinghy dock for either jerry cans, or yachts can come alongside for water by prior arrangement."

"There is usually plenty of empty berths. Toilets above the office with 1 shower in the ladies toilet. Berthing is 100Rm a week plus power. 50Rm a week extra if you leave the vessel unoccupied. Water is currently free (requires filtering and/or treatment to be potable) as is Wi-Fi."
Old 01-17-2016, 03:19 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Just updating this -- Danga Bay Marina is now closed and the anchoring area is no more. A housing development has taken over the former land area.