Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > SE Asia, The Red Sea & Indian Ocean > Regional Discussion Topics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Admiral

A report yesterday 21 Aug regarding requests for payments above authorised amounts are being made again. An customs official in the Au Chalong clearing-in centre has requested 1,000 baht but only issuing a receipt for 200 baht.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Admiral

Same-old, same-old, eh?

SY WATERMELON |
MV WATERMELON (New) | Cruiser's Dictionary, free ebook

= Cruiser's Dictionary, North America,
JeanneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneP View Post
Same-old, same-old, eh?
Nt exactly on the same subject, but perhaps someone can advise.

We were in Phuket during Kings Cup in December 07 and needed clear out on a holiday - Kings Birthday in fact. Whilst this was possible in Ao Chalong, we were unable to get our 20000 baht deposit back as that particular office was closed. Now we wonder of it is worth flying from Bali, where Manureva is now, to Phuket and trying to get the refund. Or am I just wasting my time.

Regards to all ,

Manureva
Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
Admiral

Manureva

Questions,

1 Can you produce the receipt for the lodging of the deposit ?

If yes, Could you scan the Receipt and send me a copy through our PM system

2 To whom was it paid :- Immigration, Customs, or Marine Department (Harbour Master) ?

3 Why did you have to clear out on that particular day ? Did your visa run out on that day?

The only holiday during the weekdays, Monday<>Friday in Dec 07, was Wednesday the 5th , The King's birthday.

4 Were you official participants in the King's Cup Regatta; ie Manureva ?

-------

The problem could be that to get the deposit back, it might require you to prove your identity in person with your passport showing the date of entry and exit from Au Chalong, together with the original receipt for the deposit. together with copies of the clearing out document re. SV Manureva.

Notwithstanding the above, if you send me details etc via PM, I can ask members of the AU Chalong Yacht Club to go down to the department concerned and make some inquiries.

-----------------------------------------

20,000 Baht = +/- $700 Australian.

The return Airfare Bali <> Bangkok = 5,538 Baht

The return Airfare Bangkok <> Phuket = 1500 Baht

Total Return fares via Air Asia = 7038 Baht (inclusive of taxes etc) = +/-$250 Aus.

Then Hotel etc Baht ?????

-----------------------------

So if they give you back your deposit back - yes, it is worth it.

But, if they won't or cannot ????????????????????????????????????
Old 09-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #5
Ensign

Thank you for your reply and offer of assistance.My apolgies for not replying sooner due to 'technichal' issues. I have all the docs. i.e.clearing in and out and passport with details stamped etc. Quite willing to go back if we feel there is a chance of getting the refund. Even if it costs all of it for a 'free' holiday!

Tansk again and look forward to hearing from you,

Regards,

Peter Watson
Old 09-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Admiral

Peter

Do you have the receipt for the bond deposit ???
Old 02-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
A report yesterday 21 Aug regarding requests for payments above authorised amounts are being made again. An customs official in the Au Chalong clearing-in centre has requested 1,000 baht but only issuing a receipt for 200 baht.
Just returned from a trip to Phuket (Feb 2010). Checking in we arrived 15 mins before the office closed (15:00) at Ao Chalong. No mention of any fees, I suppose because they were in a hurry a get away. Pleased they didn't tell us to come back the next day. On checking out we only had to pay the 200 baht. This time we went straight after lunch and there were a few others checking out as well. Safety in numbers? Overall we found the officials quite pleasant and helpful.

Tags
customs