Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Ensign

We are setting off on our cruise in mid June of this year. We are currently in Victoria, BC and plan to head north for the summer, gunk hole in the fall/winter, eventually departing south the next summer.

I'm delighted to have stumbled onto this very busy forum.

s/v Estrellita 5.10b, Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Our Cruising Blog

The Interview With A Cruiser Project
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Welcome to our friendly, very international cruising community. We are happy to have you here.

We look forward to hearing all about your plans, preparations and your voyages so join in on all the discussions.

Make yourselves at home here.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Ensign

Good to see ya here

Looks like a good plan, BUT, I have to say, plan on more time in the Sea of Cortez! It's a GREAT place! You can read about our adventures there on our web site (www.svguenevere.com)

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
We are setting off on our cruise in mid June of this year. We are currently in Victoria, BC and plan to head north for the summer, gunk hole in the fall/winter, eventually departing south the next summer.

I'm delighted to have stumbled onto this very busy forum.

Our Home page - www.svguenevere.com
Delezynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks Lighthouse!

And thanks Greg - good advice. I've seen your site from somewhere else. As for when I say "going South" we haven't made any timelines for what that means. Probably California...then probably Mexico...then at some point TBD stop going S and go right. In fact, I am betting on us leaving here in summer 2011 for CA because we've cruised in this area for 3 years as weekend/vacation sailors but if we wan't more time here, we won't. So, we could be in Mexico a few months or a few years, or not.

What a great thing to be able to say

Our Cruising Blog

Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
Ensign

Now THAT is the BEST planning I have heard from any cruisers in a LONG time!

What's the old saying, man makes plans and god laughs.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Thanks Lighthouse!

And thanks Greg - good advice. I've seen your site from somewhere else. As for when I say "going South" we haven't made any timelines for what that means. Probably California...then probably Mexico...then at some point TBD stop going S and go right. In fact, I am betting on us leaving here in summer 2011 for CA because we've cruised in this area for 3 years as weekend/vacation sailors but if we wan't more time here, we won't. So, we could be in Mexico a few months or a few years, or not.

What a great thing to be able to say

Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #6

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Welcome! to the Cruiser Log community. We hope you enjoy the forums and thanks for the contributions you've already made

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
Ensign

87 days!

Our Cruising Blog

Old 03-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
Ensign

I know the feeling! 11 days and counting for us.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Ensign

Waiting on the return of our car, (transmission failed last Wednesday) and we are off to Mazatlan and the boat, a month of waking her up and we are off into the Sea of Cortez for another year!

We have now been delayed 4 times! I thought cutting the dock lines the first time was bad.

Greg

Old 03-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delezynski' date='20 March 2010 - 08:05 AM View Post

Waiting on the return of our car, (transmission failed last Wednesday) and we are off to Mazatlan and the boat, a month of waking her up and we are off into the Sea of Cortez for another year!

We have now been delayed 4 times! I thought cutting the dock lines the first time was bad.

Greg
Good luck on getting the car fixed and back to your boat in Mazatlan!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
Ensign

Livia....we too have numbered days! We leave the Columbia River, Portland OR for waters north! June or maybe July is our project date...we still have to step the mast. We are 9 years into a 5 year refit...and counting. This summer we will be on the inland side of Vancouver Island, then depending on weather, skills, nerve(??) we want to circumnavigate Vancouver Island. We are the Ericson Mark II 35 ft named "Brigadoon". Keep an eye out for us!
Old 04-04-2010, 06:03 AM   #12

oh, we might see you! Our plans are still wide open as to exactly how we're getting to the PNW this summer--HI then PNW or up the coast. Right now we're leaning towards "up the coast". In any case, we'll be either in your neck of the woods while coming up the coast or perhaps we'll see you up there

Good luck on the refit. After almost 3 years of full time work, we "cut off" all new work on our rebuild and launched the boat 1 year ago with no interior--just the basics to get the boat sailing. We could have spent many more years working on the boat. But, we wanted to sail.

We've been sailing around So. Cal and will be "outta here" when we have a good weather window at the end of this month (April) or in early May. So soon! Our "short list" of things to do include getting the autopilot installed and working (rather important) as well as some sail repairs, foresail running rigging, and making covers for hatches...oh...so many things and so little time.

Fair winds,

Old 04-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
Ensign

Home Port: Port Adelaide
Vessel Name: GYPSEAS TWO
Send a message via Yahoo to gypseastwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by martysailor' date='04 April 2010 - 08:59 AM View Post

Livia....we too have numbered days! We leave the Columbia River, Portland OR for waters north! June or maybe July is our project date...we still have to step the mast. We are 9 years into a 5 year refit...and counting. This summer we will be on the inland side of Vancouver Island, then depending on weather, skills, nerve(??) we want to circumnavigate Vancouver Island. We are the Ericson Mark II 35 ft named "Brigadoon". Keep an eye out for us!
Hello Martysailor,

We also are counting our days down and are frantically finishing off all our last minute jobs. We are sailing from Queensland, Australia up to Vancouver Island. Our departure date is approx 15th June this year. We will certainly keep a look out for you on "Brigadoon". We are a bright orange Hartley Golden Cowrie ketch, called "GYPSEASTWO". As to our arrival date, well we think approx two months, if it's less then we had a great run, if it's more I guess it means it was a bad run. Who knows?? We will get there when we get there. And we'll definately be looking around for new friends to meet. Hope to see you guys somewhere. Cheers Lesley.