Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-27-2007, 06:37 AM   #1
Commander

Send a message via MSN to Qldcruiser
Exclamation

Hi All

My name is Robert and the boss is Annette. We have just put a contract on a lovely Chieftain 38 currently moored in the Whitsundays, sad place , I know but you have to start somewhere. After many great years with Trailer sailers it was time to move up. My eyes keep looking at the horizon and finally the boss succumbed and is now eager for our contract to complete.

We have been busy planning to take part in the Brisbane - Vanuata rally in May of 2008. This gives us heaps of time to work out where to fit the perculator.....oh, and to get used to sailing her . I always thought the thrill of a new boat and adventure would pass but I am as excited as always.

Anyways , we hope to be an accepted and valued member of your online community and in the open water fraternity.

Cheers

Rob & Annette

Toowoomba Qld

Australia
Attached Thumbnails
38_Portside_at_anchour_.jpg  

Old 10-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
Admiral

Wellcome Rob and Annette,

The Chieftain has got beautiful lines - looks fast

Went to Toowoomba by accident once - beautiful town

Name:   toowoomba.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  38.1 KB

- walking down the street bumped into a friend from Africa !

Old 10-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

A hearty "welcome aboard" to you both - we look forward to hearing all about your plans. Great looking boat - where was the pic taken?

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
Commander

Send a message via MSN to Qldcruiser

Hi

The photo was taken in a horrible place called Airlie Beach.

Cheers

Rob
Old 10-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manahiki View Post
Hi

The photo was taken in a horrible place called Airlie Beach.

Cheers

Rob
Goodness gracious ! Airlie Beach also brings back another memory from some 20 years ago :-

Hired a yacht from an outfit called "--------" Rent a Yacht (or something like that)

out of Shute Harbour - meant to be 2 weeks - however, 2nd day out, fridge stopped working, it was summer! Furling jib jammed. Radiod back to base - told to go to xyz place and wait for repair technician to arrive - 2 days later they arrived , fixed the furling gear - could not fix the fridge - advised to return to base - got there, transferred to another boat (bigger) 3rd day out could not start engine - no way to bleed the fuel to injectors : no tools on board. Called base - repaired , we returned to base and got off the boat . The company refused to pay back the value of the unused portion. Returned to Hong Kong - sent a lawyer's letter - Company responded by offering a free one weeks charter.

Totally agree that it is NOT a nice place ! Besides having extraordinary tides !

Only one good memory - was that I gave up smoking when I couldn't start the engine on the second boat - never smoked since!