Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Ensign

Hey Guys!!

I'm brand new to this site and it looks awesome!!

A little about me..

I'm 24 years old, I've grown up sailing with my dad, and I have many other interests including playing music, film production, motorcycles, traveling, cycling, jogging and just general activity. Most of my sailing experience has been singlehanding 22'-25' catalinas on the Columbia River in Portland, OR. I have also cruised the San Juan/Gulf Islands and the Puget Sound. I didn't grow up with much money in my family so I've had to work hard for anything that I have or that I've been able to do and I'm proud of that!

I've played in touring bands and I've seen most of the country that way, I've was Director of Photography for A film that was featured in the New York Independent Film Festival. On my own I've traveled to China and Costa Rica.

My Plan...

So right now I work at Nike World Headquarters in Portland as an audio/visual technician and production manager. It's pretty much my dream job, BUT I have to admit that I'm getting a little restless for an adventure. After a lot of thinking, I've decided it's time to move on from here and do some more traveling.

It's time to do some serious sailing to see the world. I've been living very cheaply and saving money for the past year, and I think by around the end of the year I'll have enough saved up to start crewing on sail boats for long passages for an extended period of time!!

I plan to find a boat to crew on this November for the ARC, and then again try to find a boat to crew on for the last leg of the ARC World Tour in January. After that it will be up in the air.

I joined this site to meet people who have done this for advice, and to meet people who need strong, able, determined crew!

Feel free to send me a message I'll be glad to hear from ya!

-Willy Kunkle

Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Hi Will - Welcome aboard and thanks for the comprehensive intro.

To give yourself the best chance of finding a crew spot may I suggest that you post a message on the Crewfinder forum as owners/skippers will be reading THOSE boards to find crew - not here.

Good luck with your plans and please keep us up to date on how things are going.

Welcome aboard.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Ensign

sure thing thanks for the advice.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:31 AM   #4

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Good luck to you in finding a great adventure!

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
Rear Admiral

WELCOME,

Looks like you have the spirit of an adventurer, and a vagabond at the same time. You life will probably have no WHAT IF's at all. You are already blessed, and I hope you know that!