Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-27-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
Ensign

Just taking a moment to say that I am glad to be another newbie to this web site. My wife and I cruised the Bahamas for 5 winter seasons and then the Eastern Caribbean for another 5 winters. We owned our Vagabond 42 for 15 years and had a great time cruising the winter seasons and returning (by airplane) to the USA. We especially enjoyed Trinidad and the Dominican Republic during our time in the Caribbean. We sold our beloved STARDUST in April and she is now with new owners in Nova Scotia. We now live in Northern Michigan and we have purchased a small "trawler"---a 20 year old Albin 27 which we are now doing mini-cruises in Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:50 AM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardust View Post
Just taking a moment to say that I am glad to be another newbie to this web site. My wife and I have purchased a small "trawler"---a 20 year old Albin 27 which we are now doing mini-cruises in Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.
Welcome Folks,

Do you you have the aft cabin version ? with a Nissan Engine ? Great boats for meandering !

Click image for larger version

Name:	Albin_27s.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	632

Your contributions on the Caribbean will be most welcome - and of course what you discover in fresh waters.

Richard

Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Welcome aboard "stardust" - great to have you here. We look forward to your input on our friendly forums.

Make yourself at home - the beers are on "MMNETSEA" today.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
Ensign

The Albin 27 is a 1986 (no aft cabin) and we found her in Mystic, Ct. The former owners had recently done a lot of nice work on her---AwlGrip topsides (blue) and AwlGrip deck (beige and white), new canvas behind the helm and a seperate canvas enclosure on the aft deck, Furuno Radar and Furuno Depth, Icom DSC VHF radio, Garmin 2006C chartploter, Blaupunkt AM/FM/CD with Bose speakers inside and on the aft deck, recessed LED lighting around the aft deck, teak ladderback helm and mate chairs on pedestals, 4 recessed perko rod holders and a few other things too.

The engine is the Isuzu 157hp, 6 cylinder diesel. With this engine we can cruise at 8 kts (at about 2 GPH @ 2000RPM) and WOT is at 3000 RPM and a top speed of 14.2 Kts. It like going supersonic compared to our 25 years of sailing at 5-7 kts.