Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Ensign

Hi Everyone!

I'm Balázs from Budapest, Hungary who has never made a boat trip. Well, that's not so true, once I had a small trip on a big ship in Norway, from Hammerfest to Tromso (and I loved it). So this means I don't have any sailing experience, but I am about to change that. Now I am planning a trip from Europe to the Carribeans and/or South America, and then hopefully to SE Asia and New Zealand by hitchhiking a vessel, which sounds exciting and challenging. Well, challenging for me. You see, I don't have any money to make organized travels to let's say Cuba to spend 2-3 weeks there in some 5* hotel on the beach, seeing nothing from the REAL Cuba and the real people. I need real travel, real people, real culture, real experiences, and real adventure. Besides, I am also not very courageous to start a trip all alone, so this trip will be a test.

I am a bit introverted, but open minded personality who likes to learn new things, cooking, reading, writing (I can write quite well), cycling (what a pity it can't be done on a ship) but does not prefer the constant noise of a big city. Working on a boat/yacht/vessel is in the category of "learning new things". I am also wanting to do some hard work because I am sitting the whole day in front of the computer, and I don't like it that much anymore. I think this whole thing would help me to find myself, so if you are planning a trip to the Carribeans and looking for a novice but enthusiastic crewmember, please tell me. As soon as I get the right to post a new topic in the relevant forum I will tell more about myself and my preferences so you can see if I meet your expectations.

And if you have any questions, just ask .

Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Moderator/Wiki Sysop

Home Port: Samos
Vessel Name: S/Y Thetis

Welcome habanaman to the world of cruisers. I wish the best and looking forward to hear about your future trips.

The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online world Cruising Guide

Built by cruisers, for cruisers.

=Mediterranean,Black Sea,North Atlantic,Caribbean
I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Mediterranean, Black Sea, Atlantic
Istioploos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istioploos View Post

Welcome habanaman to the world of cruisers. I wish the best and looking forward to hear about your future trips.
Thank you! Maybe you have an idea, how should I start my "quest", how can I find a ship I can work on (well, maybe for money?). Any good advise is more than welcome ).