I know this isn't fish but its good to have a side dish beside all of the tasty fish!!!
This is the recipe:-
2 cups of Chickpeas which were soaking overnight in a bowl of water (or canned).
1 table spoon of drinking soda powder
juice from 3 medium lemons
1/2 a cup of raw tehina (sesame paste)
3 cloves of garlic
Optional- one finely chopped chili.
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 a table spoon of cumin
1. you cook the chickpeas in water with the drinking soda powder (I've done it without drinking soda powder as well) untill the chickpeas get soft (you can check by squashing one with your fingers)
2. cool the chickpeas and the water to room temperature and you put the chickpeas in a food processor (when I prepared it while cruising I just crushed it the old way by using a pestle) . you add a little of the cooking water until you get a smooth but liquid texture (paste).
3. gradually add raw tehina to the mixture (the tehina makes the mixture get hard so watch how much you put)
4. you then add the rest of the ingredients (lemon juice, squashed cloves of garlic and cumin and fix by taste)
5. you pour some olive oil over the finished mixture and start eating with preferably pita.
"The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet
so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and
impatient when least effective."
-Henry David Thoreau