Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > Cruiser's Market
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Let us all know a little about you and your "multi". Welcome aboard.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Rear Admiral

Most everybody here knows me already, but I will start. Imagine is 46feet, and cold molded. She was built by the Schmidt boatyard in Berlin. She is a Simpson design of 13.7 meters. Her interior layout was adjusted to fit the owner's desires. I am extremely happy with the layout.

When I bought the boat in St. Maarten she was less than 4 years old. She had 9 different colors. Which has been reduced to 3 colors. Like all boats that have miles on them. She is a work in progress. That work is now being directed to what pleases my eye. She is a cruising boat, and not a hot rod. Although we have had her up to 18+ knots with the spinnaker. She rode like a train on rails................

Old 08-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Ensign

I am in the shopping mode for a Cat around 40 to 45 feet. We are bailing out of California and this will something we will be living and cruising on for many years. All suggestiions are welcome! I have over 30 years of Eastern Pacific coastal experience as a private captain and commercial fisherman. I say this by way of introduction. Currently land locked on the Calif. central coast!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
Retired Mod

Welcome aboard "Pairahulls" - hope you find your dream boat soon. Please let us know how your search goes.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairahulls View Post
I am in the shopping mode for a Cat around 40 to 45 feet. We are bailing out of California and this will something we will be living and cruising on for many years. All suggestiions are welcome! I have over 30 years of Eastern Pacific coastal experience as a private captain and commercial fisherman. I say this by way of introduction. Currently land locked on the Calif. central coast!
Ahoy Parahulls!

I am a working/liveaboard in San Diego. Just a suggestion; You may want to contact " South Bay Boat Yard/ The Marine Group" in San Diego. They are the local yard that takes all the abandoned and impounded boats from the S.D. Bay area. Every month they have and auction in thier yard for these vessels. I happen to know that about a month ago a 48' catamaran "Sea Exporer" was caught bringing $2 million worth of pot into the bay. As far as I know it's still there, it will probably be a while before it goes up for auction. I missed out on a loaded 42' Roberts, cruise ready because I got there 10 minutes late, it sold for $3600! Give them a call, I don't know what your really looking for but I thought this info might help. Sometimes very few people show up for these auctions. You might want to look for the yards in the LA area that do the same thing. More boats are showing up at these auctions in So Cal because slips and moorings are limited in thier capacity. Good luck and welcome!
For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my alloted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.

- RICHARD BODE
islandseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Ensign

Hi-

By way of introduction, my wife and I have been chartering for the past three years, diffrent models and manafacutres with the goal of retiering and sailing off for 10-20 years (fingers crossed). At 6'7" tall I might be better suited for a monohull but since I owned my first beach cat I can't go back.

Now I be introduced!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
Retired Mod

Welcome aboard "fbchristo" - make yourself at home. The beers are on "imagine2frolic" today.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
Commander

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Gone Troppo

HI All,

My cat is a Crowther Windspeed 36 launched in 1986 in Australia. She is foam sandwich and weighs less than 4 tonnes un-loaded. My wife and I bought her in January 1998 at Mooloolaba, from the gentleman who had her built. She has taken us a lot of miles and generally looks after us very well. She does not like being over loaded, so we have to watch what we take aboard. The maintenance requirement seems to be about average, but I find the work satisfying, also never ending.

Like all boats she is a compromise and she suits our needs. The one thing I would probably change is the rotating mast, as I am getting older/slower, I do not think it necessary on a cruising boat, but I can live with it. I love her.

Anyway it is good to see a spot for Multihulls here.

Happy Sailing,

Steve

Stephen

Crowther Windspeed 36

www.gonetroppo.org
GoneTroppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 AM   #9
Retired Mod

Good to have you on this new board Steve.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
Ensign

Hi. My name is Monica. My husband and I are currently looking for our boat...we're planning on leaving in about 2 years, when he retires from the Navy, wtih our 3 year old. We're currently in Norfolk, VA but will be moving to San Diego, CA at the end of this year.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #11
Retired Mod

Welcome aboard Monica. I wish you well with your future plans to go off sailing.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 PM   #12
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandseeker View Post
Ahoy Parahulls!

I am a working/liveaboard in San Diego. Just a suggestion; You may want to contact " South Bay Boat Yard/ The Marine Group" in San Diego. They are the local yard that takes all the abandoned and impounded boats from the S.D. Bay area. Every month they have and auction in thier yard for these vessels. I happen to know that about a month ago a 48' catamaran "Sea Exporer" was caught bringing $2 million worth of pot into the bay. As far as I know it's still there, it will probably be a while before it goes up for auction. I missed out on a loaded 42' Roberts, cruise ready because I got there 10 minutes late, it sold for $3600! Give them a call, I don't know what your really looking for but I thought this info might help. Sometimes very few people show up for these auctions. You might want to look for the yards in the LA area that do the same thing. More boats are showing up at these auctions in So Cal because slips and moorings are limited in thier capacity. Good luck and welcome!
Could you please supply a bit more info on these auctions? Is there a website that deals specifically with impounded boats?

(I live in Australia, and am interested in a liveaboard cat, and possibly a representative, on site, bidder) You can contact me at crosswinds1 AT netspace DOT com DOT au

Thanks

Andrew
Old 10-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redredwine View Post
Could you please supply a bit more info on these auctions? Is there a website that deals specifically with impounded boats?

(I live in Australia, and am interested in a liveaboard cat, and possibly a representative, on site, bidder) You can contact me at crosswinds1 AT netspace DOT com DOT au

Thanks

Andrew
Hello Andrew,

Here is a good site that will save you googling all over the place,

Click:- HERE

have sent you an email with the same info.

Regards

Richard
Old 10-15-2008, 03:27 AM   #14
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redredwine View Post

Thanks

Andrew
The auctions I've been to are mostly by chance or word of mouth. I would recomend calling the Marinas directly. Most of them end up with vessels that fall behind on the slip fees, a lien is assesed to the vessel, if owner can't pay up in time, the marina can auction off the vessel to cover the past due slip fees. Make sure that the vessel is sold free and clear of all liens. I know here in California they are required to do this before the sale. They are usually only advertised in the local paper so you must keep up with the marina's.

Also call the companies that finance yachts directly, ask where they send thier reposessed vessels, sometimes they go to an auction company which makes a percentage off the sale.

Google- repo yachts, repo boats, yacht auction, etc. There's plenty out there and looks like more on thier way, because of the economic state.

Lets see, pay the home mortgage or the boat payment and or slip fees... Most of the time the house will get priority.

I wish I knew of an easier way, spend some time on the web and the phone. Trust me, niether finance companies nor marinas want to "own" any boats. As we all know, there are monthly expenses involved in owning them.

I hope that helps....Good luck!!

Steve

P.S.- I just looked at the link Richard sent you, looks like allot of good info onwhat your looking for.
For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my alloted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze.

- RICHARD BODE
islandseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:07 AM   #15
Ensign

Manheim Auto Auction is the largest auction company in the USA. Contact them. If they don't do boats, they will steer you to someone who does.

Mymilitaryyears-military troops, contact military, contacting service members, soldier support
Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
Ensign

Hello,

This is my first post (on any forum, ever) so I hope it works.

I am selling my house in central NJ and was wondering if there might be someone who has a cruising catamaran in the 43' range interested in doing a real estate (and cash) for boat exchange??

I have the house on craigslist #1025820647. I would be happy to talk to anyone who has an interest or who knows someone that might.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 02-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #17

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreeze View Post
Hello,

This is my first post (on any forum, ever) so I hope it works.

I am selling my house in central NJ and was wondering if there might be someone who has a cruising catamaran in the 43' range interested in doing a real estate (and cash) for boat exchange??

I have the house on craigslist #1025820647. I would be happy to talk to anyone who has an interest or who knows someone that might.

Thanks,

Ed
Ed, suggest you make your own topic for this here in the Cruiser's Market--you'll likely have better chance of responses.

Good luck to you!

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #18
Ensign

Send a message via Yahoo to sydeva

Cant remember if I replied before, but Deva is a custom 38' cat, built in Brisbane Australia, by Ostac to a modified Robin Chamberlin design.

Like Gone Troppo, she is a very light, yet very strong sandwich composite structure weighing less than 4 tons unladen. 3700 kg in racing trim actually.

Like all multihulls, she is a compromise, but has been an excellent liveaboard since 1994, and has carried us all over the world. We met many members of this board actually along the way, thanks Jeannie for all your work!

Sadly, after I am about to sell her, so look for a post in the marketplace section soon...

If you are interested in a very fast, very strong 38' cat, and dont mind not having standing headroom, Deva could be the cat for you...

Very good ocean-going cruiser, and could be put back into racing trim quite easily (if you have a big garage or container...)

There should be pic here somewhere, and I will soon post links to more.
Attached Thumbnails
Deva Madagascar port side.jpg  
Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
Ensign

Hey

I am a yacht broker and yacht delivery captain in California. I am interested in yacht deals if I find a good one.

euclide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
Ensign

Vessel Name: prrrfection
Default Prrrfection FOR SALE

.......and so it is time for another family to live the prrrfect life!

not a lot more can be said after all our adventures over the past 10 years or more and I think our blog and photos speak for themselves. I can just once again say : " I had the best 10 years or more on Prrrfection. The time spent with my kids and Claude all over the world in different anchorages , meeting interesting people were perfect"

It is now however time for other adventures.

Blue water cruising catamaran. Open to reasonable offers.

F O R S A L E

Price: USD $150,000 - Negotiable

Length: 35 ft

Year: 1999-2000

Details:

Accommodation: 4 x spacious double staterooms. Fwd staterooms with ensuite head/shower. Saloon with sliding door entry from cockpit, galley up to starboard and navigation station in port hull.

Galley: 4 burner stove with oven, stainless steel sink, hot and cold pressurized water. 12V 140 ltr fridge/freezer.

Rig: 33 sq/m genoa & hardware. 7.8 oz Dacron genoa, genoa tracks, winches, cars, deck organizers and jammers on coach roof. 43 sq/m mainsail & hardware. Fully battened 10 oz Dacron main, Lewmar mainsail sheet double traveller with car and controls for stoppers, curved heavy duty track, 3 x reef points, adjustable topping lift. All lines led through jammers on coach roof for ease of shorthanded sailing. Mainsail with slab reefing and lazyjacks. Mast; deck mounted anodized painted aluminium alloy extrusion. Single spreader Frers mast. All internal halyards. Conduit for all wiring, wired with combo steaming/deck light and anchor light. all standing and running rigging in good condition.

Deck & Hull: Spacious cockpit with helmsmans swivel chair. Fibreglass targabar. Electric windlass, 2 x 55W solar panels, primary & secondary anchors with 200 ft (60m) chain, ample locker space, propane locker, deck shower, 11 x opening hatches, 6 x port lights.

Electronics/Navigation: VHF radio, iCOM M710 SSB, AM/FM radio, CD player, GPS, depth sounder, log/speedometer, navigation lights, binnacle mounted compass, Autohelm 5000 autopilot.

Machinery & Electrical: Engine start battery, house batteries, engine mounted alternators, electric bilge pumps with float switches. Diesel tanks with shut off valves and copper fuel lines. Cabin fans.

Safety: Lifebuoys, distress flare kit, fire extinguishers, first aid kit, lifejackets, liferaft to be serviced.

Additional: Dock lines & fenders, NO dinghy/outboard.

Comments: Fully imported into Fiji with duty & taxes paid. Some general maintenance and replacement of parts and fittings required. One owner only.

Specifications:

LOA: 35 ft
Beam: 22 ft (6.5m)
Draft: 3'3" (1.0m)
Hull: Fibreglass
Displacement: 11,000 lbs
Engines: 2 x Volvo Penta, saildrive
HP: 2 x 20
Fuel capacity: 300 ltr
Water capacity: 300 ltr
Cruising speed: 6-8 knots
Sail area: 78m2
mast height from deck: 14.5m
Designer: Jeff Schionning
Build: Charter Cats
Place of Build: South Africa

Ronelle
+ 679 9288724
+ 679 6255416
+ 679 9240587

prrrfektion at hotmail.com
Prrrfection FOR SALE | PRRRFECTION - a sailing circumnavigation.