Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > Cruiser's Market
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Teak/Ironwood Indonesian Phinisi for Sale

Owing to continuing health problems following a horse riding accident, I want to sell my beautiful teak, hand built Indonesian Phinisi, although designed and built as a private, ketch rigged yacht.

Here are a few details of the yacht, and she is for sale at a bargain price of 45000 pounds sterling or equivant in US Dollars. She is an ideal liveabout and charter boat, and is featured in our web site www.simplycamiguin.com

KLM RIMA
The RMA has been our home for my wife and two daughters since January 2008 until August 2010, when, because of a serious horse riding accident I had to move into our small water sports and spa resort in Benoni, Camiguin Island, Philippines. She is a very comfortable and enjoyable boat to live onboard.
The Rima is approx 72 ft LOA (bow to stern), extended to 97 ft with an extension bowsprit, typical of Indonesian phinisis. The max beam is 15ft and draft is 1.8 mts. The gross registered tonnage is 37 tons. Built in 1999, Sulawesi, Indonesia of Papuan Ironwood below the waterline and teak above waterline and superstructure. It is wooden pegged carvel construction.
The main sleeping cabin has 12 berths – 2 single berths far forward, four double size berths each with a door screen, then a day berth. double size, and then a saloon table with a single berth. The wheelhouse. dining saloon/galley is 15ft x 15ft. there is the wheelhouse steering, contols and navigation equipment. The dining table and seating can accommodate 10 persons and is all teak. The galley is fully equipped with fridge, cooker, wash basin, fitted shelves etc.
The main engine is a Yanmar 42 hp with a 2.5 inch stainless shaft and a 34 inch 4 blade prop. Main generator is Mitsuibishi 72 hp supplies air conditioning, power points, refridgerator and freezer, battery charging.

On the deck. There is a forward storage locker for fuel and water, a water storage tank (300 lts) which is usually filled by rain water. Main mast (wood), galvanized ½ inch - ¾ inch standing rigging (all new) . There is an emergency self inflating liferaft on the cabin deck. The cooling unit for the LG split system air con unit. Aft of the wheelhouse is the crew cabin, also used as the sail locker and rope storage. The heads and showers are aft, showers use a ½ hp water pump from the fresh water tank. There are lee boards port and starboard . On traditional phinisis these are used as rudders – see excellent book “ Ring of Fire, an Indonesian Odyssy” by Lawrence Blair, but my crew do not know how to use them!!.

The yacht is fully equipped for charter or as a floating/cruising home, although new bed linen maybe needed . She is/can also used for Sunset Cruises accommodating up to 15 guests for lunch and drinks. , She has been used for dive charters, but we do not have a compressor and rely on the dive master to bring along their own.

The RIMA has new sails, and rigging plan which consists of three jibs, main sail, main gaff topsail, mizzen sail and mizzen gaff topsail. She is also able to have two staysails between mizzen and main. I have her sail plan according to a sailing plan from the Hull sailing trawler, Masterhand, built in Hessle, Hull, Yorksihre, England in 1890

She was last drydocked, Jasaan, mindinao November 2009 . It was anti fouled with premier grade Jotun anti fouling paint, new anodes, rebuff prop and change stern gland packing. She has been repainted several times a year, and the latest color scheme is white and royal blue, unfortunately it is not possible to buy quality marine paints in the Philippines, and may require repainting.

She is in excellent condition and maintained by a permanent crew member. However there are several outstanding jobs to do, re-canvas the wheelhouse deck and changeout the running rigging – 16 mm polyprop rope. . Otherwise for a price of 45000 pounds sterling equivalent in PHP, I consider is good value especially with its comprehensive inventory.

She is berthed in Benoni Port, Camiguin Island, Philippines and is available for viewing and sea trials by appointment.

Regards

Jibsail
Laguna Lodge Spa Hotel,
Camiguin Island

Tel 0063 929 522 1607.
Attached Thumbnails
rima.jpg  

Old 05-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibsail View Post
Owing to continuing health problems following a horse riding accident, I want to sell my beautiful teak, hand built Indonesian Phinisi, although designed and built as a private, ketch rigged yacht.

Here are a few details of the yacht, and she is for sale at a bargain price of 45000 pounds sterling or equivant in US Dollars. She is an ideal liveabout and charter boat, and is featured in our web site www.simplycamiguin.com

KLM RIMA
The RMA has been our home for my wife and two daughters since January 2008 until August 2010, when, because of a serious horse riding accident I had to move into our small water sports and spa resort in Benoni, Camiguin Island, Philippines. She is a very comfortable and enjoyable boat to live onboard.
The Rima is approx 72 ft LOA (bow to stern), extended to 97 ft with an extension bowsprit, typical of Indonesian phinisis. The max beam is 15ft and draft is 1.8 mts. The gross registered tonnage is 37 tons. Built in 1999, Sulawesi, Indonesia of Papuan Ironwood below the waterline and teak above waterline and superstructure. It is wooden pegged carvel construction.
The main sleeping cabin has 12 berths – 2 single berths far forward, four double size berths each with a door screen, then a day berth. double size, and then a saloon table with a single berth. The wheelhouse. dining saloon/galley is 15ft x 15ft. there is the wheelhouse steering, contols and navigation equipment. The dining table and seating can accommodate 10 persons and is all teak. The galley is fully equipped with fridge, cooker, wash basin, fitted shelves etc.
The main engine is a Yanmar 42 hp with a 2.5 inch stainless shaft and a 34 inch 4 blade prop. Main generator is Mitsuibishi 72 hp supplies air conditioning, power points, refridgerator and freezer, battery charging.

On the deck. There is a forward storage locker for fuel and water, a water storage tank (300 lts) which is usually filled by rain water. Main mast (wood), galvanized ½ inch - ¾ inch standing rigging (all new) . There is an emergency self inflating liferaft on the cabin deck. The cooling unit for the LG split system air con unit. Aft of the wheelhouse is the crew cabin, also used as the sail locker and rope storage. The heads and showers are aft, showers use a ½ hp water pump from the fresh water tank. There are lee boards port and starboard . On traditional phinisis these are used as rudders – see excellent book “ Ring of Fire, an Indonesian Odyssy” by Lawrence Blair, but my crew do not know how to use them!!.

The yacht is fully equipped for charter or as a floating/cruising home, although new bed linen maybe needed . She is/can also used for Sunset Cruises accommodating up to 15 guests for lunch and drinks. , She has been used for dive charters, but we do not have a compressor and rely on the dive master to bring along their own.

The RIMA has new sails, and rigging plan which consists of three jibs, main sail, main gaff topsail, mizzen sail and mizzen gaff topsail. She is also able to have two staysails between mizzen and main. I have her sail plan according to a sailing plan from the Hull sailing trawler, Masterhand, built in Hessle, Hull, Yorksihre, England in 1890

She was last drydocked, Jasaan, mindinao November 2009 . It was anti fouled with premier grade Jotun anti fouling paint, new anodes, rebuff prop and change stern gland packing. She has been repainted several times a year, and the latest color scheme is white and royal blue, unfortunately it is not possible to buy quality marine paints in the Philippines, and may require repainting.

She is in excellent condition and maintained by a permanent crew member. However there are several outstanding jobs to do, re-canvas the wheelhouse deck and changeout the running rigging – 16 mm polyprop rope. . Otherwise for a price of 45000 pounds sterling equivalent in PHP, I consider is good value especially with its comprehensive inventory.

She is berthed in Benoni Port, Camiguin Island, Philippines and is available for viewing and sea trials by appointment.

Regards

Jibsail
Laguna Lodge Spa Hotel,
Camiguin Island

Tel 0063 929 522 1607.
Gooday 'jibsail' - Hey there David & family - that is just the nicest looking bunch of wood I've seen - put together - WOW. Those Pinisi's are just the mostest. When/if - I get some money together I'll be on a plane - standing at your door - asking for a drink & - as they say - "laying-my-money-down". Sure hope you're feeling better. Sure is a great picture of your 'clan' at a party - gathered around the table. The greatest of grand fortune to you and yours. I keep looking for more detailed pictures of 'Remi' cause I sure think it a fabulous looking yacht. I'll get there - sometime this year - I hope. Ciao, for now james

Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Makassar

Is the Rima still for sale? If so, what is its current condition?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: lombok
Default Interest in prior advertisment

Hello there. If you would be so kind, please let me know if the KLM Rima is still available for purchase.

Kind Regards.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Terrence

Home Port: Subic Bay Freeport zone
Vessel Name: Aker Wayfarer

Hi David
Did you receive my email regarding the Rima my wife & I can be there late Sept if that suits to view her.
Best Regards Terrence
Old 10-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Koh Samui

Hi, is the Rima is stil for sale. If yes please let me know, can you send me more pictures?
Regards,

Eric
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Lieutenant

yes, it is still for sale. It has recently been in dry dock for a full hull survey, caulking and anti fouling. The engine has been changed to a more powerful Yanmar. Cabin layout changed to be more family friendly with a chart room, lounge,masters cabin and guest cabin. Larger stern deck for entertaining , barbeque etc.

Tags
indonesia