Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > Cruiser's Market
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Antalya
Default Windpilot Pacific Wind Vane for sale in Turkey

30th. April 2014 Greetings all, for sale is my WINDPILOT PACIFIC .. I understand this model is good up to 36 feet. This is NOT the heavier duty Pacific Plus nor is it the Pacific Light.

I have sold my boat and removed the self steering. The new owner could not see himself using it and I was able to reduce the boat price by approximately what I am asking for it here.

I have all the parts including original invoice and Manual. All the bits and pieces including extra blocks. and mounting bolts and washers.

The Rudder and wind paddle ( also one extra paddle as a spare ) have been inside the boat the boat since I purchased her in 2008. In 2009 I put a Sunbrella cover over the WindPilot to keep it out of the harmful Turkish sun. The cover has been on ever since. I gave up using it as most of my sailing has been pottering about the nearby anchorages. I did enjoy using to learn it though. I have always been encouraged to use it even on small trips but always found the Autohelm more convenient.

If I understand correctly my model of the WindPilot is still the current version of the Pacific being sold new.

My WindPilot is located in Turkey.... if it is not for you please mention it to your friends.

It is currently in storage but will dig it out soon to photograph all the bits.

Thanks for looking.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Brampton

I am interested . I live in Toronto, Canada area.
How much are you asking ?

Thanks

Terry 905-455-5096

Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
Ensign

Default Windpilot Pacific for Sale Euro.1800 .00

Hi Terry and thanks for asking the price , it is not fesable to export the Windvane out of Turkey other than taking it personally,,,, it would get lost in red tape,,, sorry , I hope you find one...
Old 05-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Brampton
Default Windpilot Pacific Wind Vane

Thanks for replying. Good luck with your sale....I hope to find one closer to my location but they are difficult to come by.

Terry
Old 10-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Luzern
Default Windpilot Pacific

Hi, I am interessted in your windpilot.

Is it still for sale?

Cheers
Old 10-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
Ensign

Default Windpilot Pacific Self Steering

Hello and thank you for writing.

Yes the windpilot is still for sale as I have been in the USA all summer. I will return to my boat in Finike Antalya in early November and am happy to send it anywhere within Turkey but not abroard due to difficult customs.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: Chur
Default Windpilot

Hi,

Is the windpilot still available? We are interested.

Our boat is in Marmaris Turkey

Thanks an best regards
Reto
Old 10-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
Ensign

Default WindPilot Pacific.. for sale in Turkey

Dear Reto ,

yes the Windpilot is still in storage and still for sale. I have just arrived back from sailing in British Columbia and am about to go through my possessions in storage here so will take some pics. of everything and go on a bit of a sales drive.

I will be travelling to Marmaris sometime soon as I need to have a black water tank manufactured in the sanai area.

Please make a sensible offer bearing in mind the new price and that it is already here in Turkey and it will be delivered.

Kind regards, Mike
Old 10-31-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
Ensign

Home Port: Chur
Default Windpilot details

Dear Mike,

Thank you for the quick reply.

As I understood it is neither a Pacific Plus with the independend rudder nor a Pacific light. Right? So it should be the "normal" Pacific which is the right one for us.

However, from this type there are two versions with a long or short shaft. Is it possible to find out which type you have? It's important because we have a Catamaran with quite a high freeboard.
Another question is about the fixation on the stern, because even here several tipes are existing. Actually we need the MF0, the usual one for inclinations between +- 10 degrees

see also: WINDPILOT - Service/Download

In order to make a serious offer it would be helpful to get a few pictures of all the included parts you intend to sell.

To make the conversation easier her is our email adress:
CatamaranSheSan@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you.

With kind regards
Reto
Old 05-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #10
Ensign

Home Port: Bergisch Gladbach

Hi Mike,
is the Windpilot still for sale or is it sold?
many thanks for a short feedback!
Best regards,
Stephan

Tags
pacific, turkey