Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > Pacific & Australasia > Regional Discussion Topics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
tankgirl

Hello again,

I was wondering if anyone out there has a lead on a shed to build a 48-50' alloy sailing cat in. We'd prefer to be somewhat near the Brizzy area, if at all possible. We'd like to get into something mid to late January of 2008. Guessing between 6 & 12 months to get it wet.

Might also have a mate doing the exact same thing at the same time, so a larger shed/warehouse may work.

We will be working all hours, weekends, etc and need to be able to do so.

Any info, help, leads, etc, etc would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks in advance,

Jay
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Commander

Why not think of a facrory shed somewhere then when the time comes to launch a crane and semi low loader. That would be much cheaper than building in a marina yard as it will be a long term project and you would be lucky to find a marina yard with flexible hours of access to suit you. One of the old 'dome corrugated iron' sheds would be ideal that you will find in the older industrial areas.

Regards

Peter

Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
Ensign

G'day Tankgirl, I'm in the Brizzy area. I don't know of any sheds personally but there is a place called Montys Marina just north of Brisbane. They have sheds for rent and there is a lot of boat building and repairing going on up there, give them a call (07 54952099) I'm sure they will be able to help. By the way this is not your normal posh marina very much a working hands on place and I think you can work around the clock.

George
Old 07-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
tankgirl

George, I do know of Monty's....I'm waitng to see if one of the sheds will be available now. Thank you very much though! Don't suppose you've heard any repoerts on Samson's Marina s/se of Wynnum-Manly on the small river?? I'm trying them on the phone today. Shaun Arber's place was suggested, but he's full up too. If you have any other leads please tell!thanks again!JayGeorge (or anyone else), Forgot to mention....osh is not what we want. We're ready to sleep next to the welder on a blow-up mattress if we can get away with it....best - J
Old 08-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Lieutenant

J,

I noticed this reference to Monty's near Brisbane on another forum. + more a couple of posts down.

Just in case you want to talk to someone who has done work there.

cheers

duckie
Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #6
Admiral

Hello Jay,

If you are in Brisbane, go and see Peter Noonan - 16 Crombie St - Milton.

Tel (07) 3369 4599.

Peter has contacts in much of the marine business in Brisbane specifically and further afield in Qland.

I guess you have thought about places further north - Sunshine coast - Mary Borough - Tin Can etc...

Richard
Old 08-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
tankgirl

Hi Duckie & Richard,

Thanks for that!

Just this week a place came through not far from Monty's. Appreciate the help though!!

best - Jay

Tags
brisbane