Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-15-2009, 05:07 AM   #21
Commander

Send a message via MSN to Qldcruiser

Hi All

Still out of the water. Paint company is still trying to decide if they will compensate or stonewall. Their argument is weak but the longer they stall the better their position becomes.

The weather has finally started to be kind so the shipwrights can get on with respraying. Already spent way to much but I guess it will be worth it in 6 months time when she is looking amazing. Annette may want to talk to me by then.

Cheers

Robert & Annette

S/V Blue Lady

Old 10-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
Commander

Send a message via MSN to Qldcruiser

Well as expected the paint company is trying to absolve themselves from any blame and trying to pin everything on us. So now the fun begins. A very poor outcome that could have been handled better without completely trying to nail us. But I suppose this is how big business get big. I will not name the product due to the fear of creating a legal drama for this site.

Cheers

Robert & Annette

S/V Blue Lady

Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #23
Admiral

As you say, this is expected but it is no less awful for it. In fact, probably all the more awful as a result.

I appreciate your concenr and sensitivity for the legal issue but I wish I knew the name of the producer. What manufacturers fail to realise is just how effective the grapevine is. If you were to tell us that the paint you used was of brand XYZ then the manufacturers would, at least, be able to put forward their argument. As it now is, due to the possibility of prossecution, you keep quiet but the information spreads by word of mouth - something the manufacturers have no say whatsoever over.

I hope the problem is soon resolved for you. What next? Will you be taking legal action?

Aye // Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote