Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > Pacific & Australasia > Pacific Severe Weather
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Ocean Senior Sailor

Home Port: Auckland
Default Sailing The South Pacific 2013 - 2014

Any one sailing in the South Pacific 2013 2014 here is a cyclone warning severe weather site. Remember there ia always early storms and late storms.

Catastrophic Cyclone Warnings for the South Pacific Region 2013 and 2014 Sever and extreme Weather Season and link to web cam web sites

Old 10-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Hi,

Do you have any actual primary source meteorological data to back up the claims on this web site, e.g. "The Pacific region, which Includes Australia and near by Islands in the south West Pacific, is likely to see 18 Catastrophic Tropical Cyclones". Otherwise I think with the current ENSO state it's a bit early in the season to be making such predictions.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Commander

Home Port: Hobart
Vessel Name: Honey Bee

Del, this appears to be the same person who tried to add dozens of links to his website to the Cruiserswiki until he was blocked.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:25 AM   #4
Ocean Senior Sailor

Home Port: Auckland
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by delatbabel View Post
Hi,

Do you have any actual primary source meteorological data to back up the claims on this web site, e.g. "The Pacific region, which Includes Australia and near by Islands in the south West Pacific, is likely to see 18 Catastrophic Tropical Cyclones". Otherwise I think with the current ENSO state it's a bit early in the season to be making such predictions.
I had and made similiar predictions for the no and direct cyclone hits and name the Islands and regions for the previous season 2012.

The exact number happened and 4 of the 5 direct hits warnings happened.

Predicted the direct hit on Samoa that destroyed part of their new marina.

It's not early. New Zealand has been blasted by a near cyclone strenght Storms from the North West Tasman Sea. The previous fortnight also experienced storms through the country.

My weather site has a large comprehensive number of weather links for both weather models, Storm surf weather models wind and waves, perfect storm centre and I have been analyising these for approx 30 years now. I sailed accross the South Pacific from USA to Darwin during the cyclone seasons and avoided 4 cyclones and sever thunder fork lightning storms, I might add had a vessel that could sail at 24 knots plus and motor at 10 knots plus [ mono hull ] to sail around any bad weather, cyclones and I have a pretty good handle on the weather patterns.

When you decide to sail in a cyclone seasons in a cyclone zone you have to have a good handle on weather patterns and reconise the formation of extreme weather.

I make the post [ my weather sites links and comments ] in the interest of safety to my fellow sailing world citizens.

The definition of Catastrophic has now change as they have acknowledged in the USA hurrican season. Not so much the wind strenght rain, ect but the storm surge that preceed them and the width that is doing just as much damage to harbors, foreshores, beaches, jettys and marinas.

Wild weather heads south: Flights cancelled - Weather - NZ Herald News

WeatherWatch: (OCT 9) A week of windier weather just kicking off - Weather - NZ Herald Videos

Close call for driver in Auckland storm - National - NZ Herald News

Like pulling a plug: experts explain Auckland storm - National - NZ Herald News

Yes I went to Wiki as a newbee read quotes like

"SINK YOUR TEETH INTO A SECTION AND BUILD IT!"

"To provide all cruisers with a one-stop interactive resource which members can annotate, correct and add to. "

"Do become involved, even if only to correct grammar or spelling mistakes - it all helps."

Tried to put my weather URL in the weather sections in each cruising area as they normaly only had one weather source which my opion where bad sources besides there is two weather models, a perfect storm site and a separate storm surf wind and wave models and from a sailors point of view they did not give enough detail infomation to make safe decisions.

However honkus above objected and made such a fuss I,m disillusioned re your Wiki cruiser site. I might add noonsite has place a narration on every country under weather with a link to their their other usefull links page to my link. Every oppotunity he gets he calls my postings SPAM !!!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Let us hope, fellows, that you both let it go. This is not the place for sniping and ill humour.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

OK guys, you're both going to the sin bin. Please take this personal sniping off our forums, thanks.

Tags
pacific, sail, sailing, south pacific