Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > The Med, Atlantic & Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Wien
Default inflatableboats.net

hi,
my name is Manfred, I am a cruiser from Austria and I am new in this forum.
I am planing to buy a new Zodiac Zoom 260 S and I want it sent to the British Virgin Islands. There is a pretty good offer from inflatableboats.net (this is not inflatableboats.com), 3596 Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA, 93001.
Does one of you know this dealer? Will the item arrive after paying?
Thanks in advance
Manfred

Old 03-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Hi there,

I personally don't know of this dealer. There are a few dealers around the US with experience shipping internationally--but unfortunately I don't know how competitive any of the pricing is for those dealers.

In the USA, the normal way to protect yourself with such a purchase would be to insure the shipping in case of damage (assume international shipper such as DHL--well known and established), get tracking info, etc as well as to pay with a credit card like VISA since here in the US, the credit card company will investigate and provide a credit if the product is not shipped or there is a big problem. Here one can (and most likely should) contact their credit card company ahead of time telling them about this (large) purchase and the planned international shipment so they know that it is not a fraudulent charge.

If you don't have VISA or another credit card accepted by the seller, you may wish to find another seller that someone can personally recommend to you. Often the lowest price isn't going to come from a company that you'll find a recommendation for, though.

Fair winds,

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Admiral

I wouldn't ship from California to the Caribbean without first checking with Budget Marine. It has a store in St. Thomas, USVI, and another in Tortola, BVI. We've known the founder of the company since it was a small chandlery in St. Maarten, operating out of a ship container back in the 80s.

The Caribbean's Leading Chandlery - Budget Marine

SY WATERMELON |
MV WATERMELON (New) | Cruiser's Dictionary, free ebook

= Cruiser's Dictionary, North America,
JeanneP is offline   Reply With Quote